Moving License to a new Mac - Won't work

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by MichaelA27, Aug 16, 2019.

1. MichaelA27

MichaelA27 Bit poster

Hello,
    Can I please ask for support registering my new Mac? I simply want to move the key serial to my new Mac, as the old one is not available anymore.

Thank you, kindly
    Michael

poundbit likes this.
  2. Hi, we've reset your Parallels Desktop 10 key, please check and let us know if it's not that case.

3. Hi,
    we've received your reply and please check your inbox for more info.

4. Once again, @MichaelA27 , we got your reply:

Thank you very much. That simply activated my install.

Again, thank you so much for your super support. Now I am going to look at upgrading to the latest drivers.

And thank you for your warm words

5. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

6. Hi, we've reset your Parallels Desktop 11 license key, please check the issue and let us know if it's not that case.

7. AllanS1

AllanS1 Junior Member

same problem for me. Surely you can sort this out parallels? this should be quick and simple and we shouldn't need to go to forums and wait for you to reset our licenses! I desperately and very quickly need to move my license to my new Mac. I've signed out of the old one but only get the option to buy a new one on the new Mac. Sort it please!

8. Hello, we've made some changes with your Parallels Desktop 15 license key, please check the issue.

9. AllanS1

AllanS1 Junior Member

Yes you have and I have now moved my license to my new MacBook Pro. However, this is not a fix for the problem. Do you really expect everyone to have to contact you manually to move their license? Your help documentation says it's possible to move the license but is incorrect. Nobody wants to have to do this. Sort it!

10. We have this KB article for the transferring question.
    But in order to move old version customers need to ask us for some help.
    We are working on it.

11. ShanelC

ShanelC Bit poster

Helllo,
    would you please help me to install parallels business edition
    I tride all
    check it
    Thanks

Attached Files:

12. poundbit

poundbit Bit poster

You can also try this,
    Use Migration Assistant to copy all of your documents, apps, user accounts, and settings to a new Mac from another computer. Migration Assistant copies all of your files from your old Mac to your new Mac so that you don't have to copy them manually.
    1. If your files are currently on a PC, follow the PC migration steps instead.
    2. If you're moving content from a Time Machine backup, follow the steps to restore your Mac from a backup instead.

13. ShanelC

ShanelC Bit poster

Hello,
    Thanks for the answer,
    I have sold my iMac where I had parallels back in 2015, since then I haven't use my parallels.
    Off course I have deleted all on that Imac before I sell it.
    As you can see on my parallels account there is 0 active subscription an 1 Legacy license.
    when I put parallels activation key pop-up window tell me is not possible to use this key because is business license, which I have.

14. SamM14

SamM14 Bit poster

I have had to change to a new Mac mini as my old mini failed. I cannot activate my parallels 10 as I have reached the maximum number of activations. Is there a way for me to use my old Parallels 10 and 11 upgrade on my new Mac?

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If you have a legacy license and when you try to use it getting an error "the key is business key" then you are trying to use a legacy key to activate the latest version of Parallels Desktop which will not work. You will have to buy an upgrade to use the latest version.

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Note: Parallels Desktop 10 is not compatible with Sierra or newer macOS X versions.

17. SamM14

SamM14 Bit poster

Many thanks for this. Is it still possible to update my version 10 to 11 and to to reset my version 11 activation key?

18. MichaelL68

MichaelL68 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have got the same issue. When I try to activate my license for PD13, I get the "The license has reached its activation limit..."
    But I do not have any Installation active. read this article doesn't help me.
    What else can I do?

Attached Files:

19. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the Parallels Desktop 11 key in your account.

20. PatrickC17

PatrickC17 Bit poster

same problem for me, could you help me reset my version 11 activation key?