macOS Big Sur and Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by IvanD@Parallels, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Hello, you can check this out for more information about the Parallels Desktop and macOS compatibility.

2. billxiong

billxiong Bit poster

yes, this issue is still there after I updated to Big Sur final version 2B 截屏2020-11-13 13.31.14.png 截屏2020-11-13 13.33.06.png

DmitrijP4, YutakaH and GillesB like this.
  3. CameronD2

CameronD2 Bit poster

Just updated to macOS Big Sur and cant start Windows 10 it comes up with this message.

I have started my mac several times.
    Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 1.44.07 pm.png

GaryW12 likes this.
  4. Donnyv

Donnyv Bit poster

I'm on Parallels 13 and now I cannot open Parallels since I upgraded to Big Sur. Will there be a fix for Parallels 13 or is upgrading the only way?

5. GaryW12

GaryW12 Bit poster

I have this problem as well. Similar problem listed under "Known and Resolved Issues". However listed fix did not resolve this problem

6. IvanV2

IvanV2 Bit poster

Same issue here!! Is there a fix?

7. LuisF3

LuisF3 Bit poster

I have parallels desktop 16 and upgrade Mac OS to Big Sur. Now when I start a virtual machine it give me this message "Network initialization failed. Your virtual machine will continue working normally but will no have no network connection". Other thing that I see is the list of virtual machines, its different, see image.

I tried the solution that you say to solve the situation for the network "sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist && sudo killall -9 configd"..but I failed.

I have others virtual machines with the same OS (windows 10) and other wit Oracle Linux 8 (OL8) the behavior is the same, "Network initialization failed"

Attached Files:

KimJ8, DanielC32 and LukeI like this.
  8. EricF8

EricF8 Bit poster

I'm having an issue I do not see on that list. My issue is:

Whenever launching internet explorer my parallels application suspends and asks me to send my information over to parallels to have them look into it. Is anyone else having an issue launching internet explorer?

9. EricF8

EricF8 Bit poster

I believe upgrading to parallels 16 is the only way. I know they sent me plenty of emails saying they will not be compatible.

10. EricF8

EricF8 Bit poster

Technical Report 354448870

11. LuisF3

LuisF3 Bit poster

I found that if I change in the network configuration the source value for "Default Adapter" the network work in VM. But this is a partial solution because no matter If I choose "shared network" as configuration they need to work

12. CameronD2

CameronD2 Bit poster

Well fixed my problem with this Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 1.44.07 pm.png

Had to turn off the Adaptive Hypervisor in configuration.
    Reboot my mac and then selected Apple as the Hypervisor.
    Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 7.43.01 pm.png

Change to this and windows 10 booted.

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 7.49.40 pm.png
    Hope it helps someone

DaleM3 likes this.
  13. KennethE1

KennethE1 Bit poster

Same challenge here... Does anyone know how you completely remove Parallels when we are in this "locked" position?

14. MartinsG

MartinsG Bit poster

Same issue for me. But I have 2 any connect profiles - split, where internet traffic goes directly and only corporate traffic uses VPN - this one does not work correctly in Win10 VM. The other anyconnect profile - all traffic via VPN - works in Win10 VM. If you have a possibility try this as a workaround.

15. DmitrijP4

DmitrijP4 Bit poster

16. WorldIRC

WorldIRC Member

Anyone's fans now spinning when in Coherence mode? I did not have this issue on Catalina. My CPU / RAM levels are unchanged nor stressed, so not sure what's causing this.

beta_marco likes this.
  17. WorldIRC

WorldIRC Member

Just as an update, the issue appears to be GPU related. The GPU cranks up in Coherence mode to the point that it throttles my entire machine and has the fans spinning. It is related to one Windows based app (if I close the app the issue goes away). Again, this didn't happen before Big Sur and isn't an issue when not in Coherence.

18. beta_marco

beta_marco Bit poster

Same problem here.
    MacBook Pro 2017 i7, 16 Gb ram. I have a virtual machine to run SAP. It used to be super fast in coherence mode in Catalina. It's slow, unresponsive and with a lot of lag in Big Sure.
    The situation seems to improve slightly by setting windows'a appearance for best performance.
    Issue is present both with Apple and Parallels Hypervisor.

19. OAW

OAW Junior Member

How would I disable the "split tunneling" feature in Cisco AnyConnect? I'm not seeing anything obvious.

20. OAW

OAW Junior Member

NVM. The network admin says that's not allowed to keep VPN traffic from getting out of control. He suggested that I run the Windows version of AnyConnect inside the VM and that is working fine. I'll keep the Mac version around only for those times I want to access network drives in the Finder.