Network Initialization Failed

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by StephenB13, Oct 6, 2018.

1. frempongA

frempongA Bit poster

From this guy Also Palrob "The latest version of parallels desktop pro works flawlessly. The problem exists only in the business version. why? will there be a solution to the problem" give it a try. Parallels team must fix business edition

2. Palrob

Palrob Bit poster

I also hope so because the businnes version is made for people who work with parallels!

3. AlexF66

AlexF66 Bit poster

This bug is stopping many people from using Parallels Desktop.
    I hope the Parallels team is giving this problem absolute priority.

4. Engineering Team is working on it.
    Please let us know did you try the Bridged mode as a workaround?

5. AlexF66

AlexF66 Bit poster

Yes I tried and it makes no difference.

6. Palrob

Palrob Bit poster

I have the same problem too!

7. KenK14

KenK14 Bit poster

Maria@parallels
    Why you don't try yourseft take a mac computer install big sur and parallel desktop business édition and windows 10 and tell us What happen work or not work

8. lalala

lalala Bit poster

1. Search for Terminal in spotlight or open it from the launchpad others
    2. Copy and paste this command in terminal window: sudo -b /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app
    3. write your password in terminal window (no feedback while you write)
    4. Locate and open your machines from your_user/parallels
    5. this only runs the first time, if you quit parallels you will need restart the Mac

9. Kiki

Kiki Bit poster

For all of you posting the sudo command claiming it works, and to others claiming it does not:

I have 3 parallels machines on my mac, Linux, Windows 10 enterprise, Windows server 2019 + bootcamp .

I also have bootcamp, well obviously for playing only with Windows 10 Pro. Other 3 are for work. When lunching the command it FORCED bootcamp windows into PD. I did not even have it added. Yes it works, it has network. BUT its bootcamp. I do not want that VM, I need other 3 that are not.

So My guess is this ONLY works on bootcamp VMS for some reason and for others is failing. Not all people use bootcamp.
    BTW; Big sur, PD 16.1.1 business edition.

AtomicSpace likes this.
  10. AlexF66

AlexF66 Bit poster

@lalala: even with this trick no USB peripherals are visible in the guest OS.

Daniele22 likes this.
  11. UgurA

UgurA Bit poster

This solution is not the right way! Please don't stop sharing the same things anymore. this is a temporary solution and is not useful.

AtomicSpace and Daniele22 like this.
  12. lalala

lalala Bit poster

All my VM runs with network, but i try several things, quit all references of Parallels in Privacy's System Preferences, so they ask for permissions again. This seems a permisions related thing, so may vary from system to system. The rooted parallels seems to surpasses the problem.

13. Daniele22

Daniele22 Junior Member

any news from Parallels Team?

14. PhorntepK

PhorntepK Bit poster

It's work for me, Thank you

15. Daniele22

Daniele22 Junior Member

it's not a solution. external usb not working and it's impossible to sharing file from mac. waiting news from PARALLELS

Ale_Italy likes this.
  16. teddys2

teddys2 Bit poster

Hi all,
    My solution is:
    System preference -> Security and Privacy -> Full Disk Access -> Add Service (+) -> Parallel Desktop.
    Thats it

17. AlexF66

AlexF66 Bit poster

Sorry, it doesn't work.

Daniele22 likes this.
  18. Ale_Italy

Ale_Italy Bit poster

This work for me for the network failed in the last business version but always USB problem!!!

19. Ale_Italy

Ale_Italy Bit poster

I'm sorry but the terminal command , I confirm but it works only once. ! I have still problem for USB connection not recognized and also network failed connection

We have all Macs updated to Big Sur at work but no one work! No words!

tomb18 and LouisN like this.
  20. Palrob

Palrob Bit poster

News? it is not possible that there is not yet a solution! the businnes version was created for those who work with parallels

tomb18 and Ale_Italy like this.