Windows is very sluggish

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AlekseyM2, Dec 3, 2019.

1. utkarshk

utkarshk Bit poster

There are many reasons behind it. You can disable Windows Defender from your PC to resolve problem

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  2. AlbertoM6

AlbertoM6 Junior Member

I decided to run my Parallels VM in a HFS+ filesystem because of this, precisely.

3. artemsyd

artemsyd Bit poster

I had the same issue. At some point after I updated to v15 (or perhaps after updating host Mac OS, can't say for sure), Windows guest machine started to behave "sluggish": from time to time any operation could take quite a long time, then there would be a period of everything working fine, and then sluggish again. At the same time, Linux guest machine was working absolutely fine.

I tried allocating only one processor, I tried switching to Apple hypervisor - nothing helped. But then I saw a recommendation here in the thread to add Parallels machines folder to exclusions of Spotlight (Privacy tab), and after that the issue was gone! So I am a happy camper now, big thanks to those who shared this recommendation.

4. utkarshk

utkarshk Bit poster

You can disable it by following article

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2021
  5. IanS15

IanS15 Bit poster

I've just tried this and it worked a treat, a big thank you for the tip.
    Cheers
    Ian

6. TheodK

TheodK Member

Dear all,
    This worked indeed >>> Disable Spotlight searching the Parallels VM directory at the Privacy tab.
    Many thanks to the users (!!!) who found this.
    Theo