Issue with downloading or playing Netflix Videos using Netflix APP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Kekm, Jul 4, 2021.

1. JesseK2

JesseK2 Bit poster

Has anyone found a solution? This was the only reason I got parallels and now it doesn't work :(

2. Jordan11

Jordan11 Bit poster

For me still not working.. hoping it will at some point

3. ConnarM

ConnarM Bit poster

A year on and this still doesn't seem to be fixed. Did anyone find a solution?

4. MirkoS4

MirkoS4 Bit poster

As of the newest Win 11 version that is provided by Parallels (22H2) this is working. Installed a fresh windows and netflix was working out of the Box.

5. Grzegorz2

Grzegorz2 Bit poster

what about offline playing feature?

I have some errors at the begining (as you) I reinstalled Windows and Netflix download feaure started working but after pressing play for downloaded content netflix crashes. I reinstalled again but no success. My netflix offline feature doesnt work....

6. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

7. inviktus

inviktus Bit poster

I am also having this issue with M1 MBP. Is this download issue consistent across all streaming apps on parallels?

8. AndyD11

AndyD11 Bit poster

Good afternoon!

Same issue here. Going to be without cell signal this weekend and downloaded parallels to try out downloading movies on netflix offline. Currently on an M2 15 inch Mackbook Air with 16 gigs of ram.

9. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Best Answer
    Hello!
    First of all, we do understand the issue is annoying but actually the issue can't be fixed from our side and requires an input from Microsoft.
    Kindly open Microsoft Feedback Hub and add your vote to have the issue fixed sooner: https://aka.ms/AAn0zib.

10. BenjaminS18

BenjaminS18 Member

11. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

As Aydaskhan said, we escalated the issue to our Development team.
    Upon conducting the investigation and replicating the issue locally, it turned out that the issue is related to the Microsoft built-in translator; that's why I've submitted feedback above in Microsoft Feedback Hub and kindly ask you to vote for that to have the issue addressed shortly. We definitely want all of you to have a chance to run the Netflix app inside a Windows on Arm VMs with no issues.