Parallels license has reached its activation limit

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by PhilipR5, Jan 14, 2020.

1. JorgeB6

JorgeB6 Bit poster

I am moving my license from parallels desktop 14 to a new mac and I am getting the following error
    The activation limit for this license has been reached
    The license is called Marta Tinto

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we have sent you a private message. Kindly share your Parallels Desktop 16 license key over there.

3. JohannesZ1

JohannesZ1 Bit poster

Hi!
    I am running Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac Pro Edition and today I switched onto a new (M1 based) Mac Book Pro (moved over everything using migration assistant).
    Now I am facing the very same problem: "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies.".

Any idea what I can do in this situation?
    Thank you very much! :)

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we have sent you a private message. Kindly check and response.

5. MarceloR4

MarceloR4 Bit poster

Same problem here with my Parallels 13 licence. It would be very nice if we could just deactivate and activate the licence on the site instead of having to rely on Parallels good will to do so. Please, can you reactivate my Parallels 13 licence so I can move it to a new Mac? Thanks.

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we have sent you a private message. Please help us with your license key over there.

7. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi @MarceloR4 we have done the necessary changes, please try to activate your license key now. We have deleted your previous message as it contains your private details. It is suggested not to share any of your personal information over a public forum due to security purpose.

8. NagendraJ

NagendraJ Bit poster

I am having trouble installing and activating my parallels 12 on a mac due to activation limit. Can i get some help in making sure that the only activation is the one that I would like to make and the past installations be void?

9. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we have sent you a private message. Kindly check and response.

10. LongL

LongL Bit poster

Hi, i want to move Parallels Desktop 16 license to a new Mac.
    Can you reset my key?

11. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @LongL, Please provide the license key, so that we can reset the same for you. Thanks, Parallels Team.

12. RikW

RikW Bit poster

I have windows files that I need to retrieve from an iMac with Parallels Build 8.0.18619. The activation key reports activation limit reached. Can this be fixed. Thanks.

13. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, which Mac OS you are using?

14. R.A2

R.A2 Bit poster

Hi, I just moved from my iMac to a new MacBook Pro. The permanent licence for Parallels 17 was just bought some month ago. As there is no real support available "Moved to a new mac? Contact support!" is an endless loop of logins and KB articles, I seem to need the forum.

15. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, are you getting any errors while moving Parallels Desktop from the old Mac to New Mac?

16. R.A2

R.A2 Bit poster

Hi again. Yes, that was the case. I was also able to contact the support via email and the technician reset my activations, so I finally could activate the Parallels moved to a new Mac with Time Machine restore, again.
    Thanks for your reply though!

17. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we are happy to hear your issue got fixed. Please reach us back for any further queries.

18. EricC24

EricC24 Bit poster

Same issue with my Parallels Desktop 16 here. I got the "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies." after installed it to repaired Macbook Air M1. Would Parallels help to reset my key? Thanks.

19. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Please help us with your purchased reference number or the license key over there.

20. duwelt

duwelt Bit poster

Hi,
    I got a new Macbook and want to transfer the licence for Parallels 11. I am getting the error message that the maximum amount of activations is reached and there is no option to de-activate Parallels on my old Macbook. Please help.