How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. JonathanP15

JonathanP15 Bit poster

Hello. I am trying to migrate from my old MacBook Pro to my new MacBook Pro. I have Parallels Desktop 10. I am getting the message that my activation limit has been reached. Can you reset my license? Thank you.

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we have sent a private message. Kindly help us with your Parallels Desktop license key over there.

3. JonathanP15

JonathanP15 Bit poster

Hello - I responded to the private message as requested.

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please try to activate your license key now.

5. JonathanP15

JonathanP15 Bit poster

Thank you. I appreciate it.
    I have tried activating the license and I am still getting the same message. Is there something else that I need to do?

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, can you help us with the screenshot of the error.

7. JonathanP15

JonathanP15 Bit poster

I have posted a reply in the private messages with a screenshot of the dialog box and error message.

8. JonathanP15

JonathanP15 Bit poster

Hello. Any updates?

9. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please try once more and let us know.

10. JonathanP15

JonathanP15 Bit poster

Hi. I tried the activation key. Still unable to activate my Parallels.

11. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, which Mac OS you are running?

12. JonathanP15

JonathanP15 Bit poster

Hello. Thank you for the response.
    1) I erased the drive and did a fresh install of the operating system
    Hello. I am guessing that you have reset the activation key again. I'm still getting the same results.
    I had cloned the drive using SuperDuper. Should I start fresh and then install?
    Everything is the same as on my old MacBook Pro - it's cloned. I am upgrading from a 2008 Intel to a 2015 Intel.

13. JonathanP15

JonathanP15 Bit poster

So, I erased the drive and started fresh reinstalling the OS and reinstalling Parallels Desktop 10. I was then able to activate Parallels. Seems that cloning the drive to a newer computer disagrees with the activation process.
    To answer your question, I am running Catalina OS 10.15. Parallels 10 hasn't had any issues with it in my previous MacBook Pro and other than the issue with activation I haven't had anything unusual happen.
    Installing the Parallels Tools helped get the sound working properly. I adjusted the memory and storage allocation to give Windows 7 & XP more resources.
    I've had to reinstall the Windows operating systems and activate all of them as well as reinstall software and transfer files but I'm back to where I was when I was running the older MacBook Pro.
    Thanks for resetting my activation key. I will wipe the drive on the old MacBook once I have everything transferred over.

14. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, good to know your issue got fixed. Please reach us back for any further queries.

15. Illia

Illia Bit poster

Hello. I have the same issue. Trying to migrate all the programs to my new Mac, but can't move the subscription. How can I move my license(AF37VC) to a new Mac and deactivate it on current Mac?

16. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, please refer to and follow the steps to move Parallels Desktop to a new Mac. Thanks.

17. Illia

Illia Bit poster

I signed out from my account on one laptop, then logged in to a new one and tried to activate a key. But it said that license server rejects the key. Then I tried to log in to a previous laptop again and activate the license (because I need it to work somewhere, if blocks me from my work), and it prints me the same. Now I have a key, but can't assign it to any of my accounts, neither to previous one nor to current one.

18. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, we have sent you a personal message. Please provide us with the Parallels Desktop for Mac license key so that we can check further. Thanks.

19. DavidS154

DavidS154 Bit poster

Hello- I need to reset my Parallels 10 license to move it to another machine. The terminal command to activate returns the reply "You have reached the maximum..."
    Thanks.

20. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, we have sent you a personal message. Please provide us with the Parallels Desktop for Mac license key so that we can check further. Thanks.