how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Jellyv

Jellyv Bit poster

by the way is it required to instal de old version PD 10 before upgrading PD 16. If not. this may be the solution for my earlier problem (not able to sign out)

2. PaulJ14

PaulJ14 Bit poster

2020 Macbook Pro, just upgraded to Catalina. Parallels v14, Permanent license. My old laptop ran Parallels ok. Now on the new machine Parallels will start up but in a 14 day trial mode. I no longer need it on the old machine. What do I need to do to Parallels on the old machine, what do I have to do to Parallels to get it to run normally (not in trial mode) on the new machine.

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

There is no need to install Parallels Desktop 10 for installing Parallels Desktop 16 upgrade. You can install Parallels Desktop 16 and activate it with an upgrade key.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You have to uninstall Parallels Desktop 14 from the old Mac and use the key to activate the same version on the new Mac.

5. Codeit

Codeit Bit poster

Hi
    I need to register my new mac machine, but I doesn't work.
    when I try to register, error message says license is limited.
    I can't sign out in my old computer, because it's broken.
    could you deactivate my old one, and help me to register my new one?

6. Hello, we've reset your license key, please check the issue and let us know the results.

7. IanR8

IanR8 Bit poster

Hi,

I am having a very difficult time moving my Parallels copy to a new machine. I receive an error that it can't be used to license new computers, even though I have a permanent license. I no longer have the computer that I was using before, and the KB article that is supposed to provide instructions does not work (KB 123956). Could someone please deactivate my licenses so that I can use it on a new computer?

Thank you,
    Ian

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your Parallels Desktop 14 key. Try to activate it and let us know the results.

9. AlonS

AlonS Bit poster

I have the same issue. It used to de-register the previous computer automatically, now it just tells me that it can't do it.
    Why make your user's life so hard? You moved from an automatic process to one the forces your users to contact you and for you to do manual work.
    It does not make any sense :(

I no longer have access to the other machine. I am paying a yearly subscription. Please make it easier for individuals to use your product. The automatic process made sure that we cannot use the software on more than one machine anyway. Why remove it?

10. Hi, we've reset your key, please check the issue

11. Isabellel1

Isabellel1 Bit poster

Hi please help me, i just subscribed a 1 year subscription and now it says to confirm it with a key from the previous version so i checked in on my account but cant find it !!!!!!!!

12. DanielT34

DanielT34 Bit poster

I just switched from my old mac to the new one. It automatically logged me out of my parallels on my old computer but when i login on my new mac it says the license has reached its limit. I need help ASAP!

13. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Please help us with your purchased reference number or the license key over there.

14. konstantin15

konstantin15 Bit poster

Dear Staff, I had to switch my ssd to another iMac to continue working. Parallels now refuses to sign in due to "internet problems". I can neither log out or use the 14 days test period and I desperately need my PC programs today. Please let me know how to fix this problem.
    [​IMG]

15. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, which Mac OS you are running?

16. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, thank you for sharing the steps over here.

17. JohanP3

JohanP3 Bit poster

I am having the same issue. I am trying to sign-out of Parallels Desktop 11 to de-activate it on one computer and activate it again on another. Sign-out on the old one does not work ("Unable to sign out. Please check your internet connection"). The new computer does recognise the license key, but also gives the same message. Both computers run Mojave.

I have tried to go to Parallels on-line to find the License Key Tab but there isn't any or another way to de-activate the license for the old computer. Any suggestions?

18. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, you do not need to sign out from your old computer. Kindly follow the steps from this KB article for activating Parallels Desktop on your new computer.

19. JohanP3

JohanP3 Bit poster

As mentioned, activating on the new computer which runs the same OS doesn't work regardless. It also gives a message: "Unable to sign in. Please check your internet connection". My UID and password are correct and no firewall is enabled. So the steps as described in that KB article cannot be executed.

20. Cassandra1

Cassandra1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm trying to deactivate my account and activate it on to a different computer, but I can't seem to get it working still.
    I have tried the previous advise but still no luck.

Thanks
    C.