how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the keys in your account. Try to activate it again.

2. DavidK46

DavidK46 Bit poster

Hi, I can't seem to activate parallel on my new mac. My old mac was trashed and no longer accessible. There's no way I can deactivate on my old mac. Can I transfer and activate my license on my new MacBook? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the Parallels Desktop 11 key. Try to activate it again.

4. MartenS

MartenS Bit poster

I need to move licence from one account to another. But new account can't activate licence. Can you pls delete my licence in my account.

5. DanielB37

DanielB37 Bit poster

After logging out and un-installing Parallels-15 from a MacBook Pro am I returning, I re-installed it on my old laptop but get the following "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies." I have also un-installed Parallels-15 and re-installed it on my old laptop, but getting the same issue. Note: I have done this twice within a month (2 new laptops with overheating issues, and both were returned), so is there a limit for logging-off & un-installing the app for registration?

6. InstallSolutions

InstallSolutions Bit poster

ME TO!!!
    I need to move licence from one account to another. But new account can't activate licence. Can you pls delete my licence in my account.

7. GreggW1

GreggW1 Bit poster

I have parallells on two machines and have historically been able to deactivate one and activate the the other without any issue. It has been 6 mos since i did it last but when i tried this AM, I get the "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies." Is there a trick?

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know the error you are getting to assist you further.

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your Parallels Desktop 15 activation key. Try to activate again and check.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know the error you are getting to assist you further.

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your key and we do not suggest to switch the keys frequently. That option is only provided to transfer the license if you change the Mac.

12. PeterF17

PeterF17 Bit poster

Can you please reset my old key for Parallels 11 licence, I had a licence for 2 computers and when I upgraded it only gave me 1. I upgrade laptops and parralels and I can't use the old one any more as I sold the old MAC but I could use on my desktop. I would prefer 2 licences for 16 :)

13. Hi, done, please check

14. Accounting1

Accounting1 Bit poster

Like all these other people, I too need my licenses cleared so I can install Parallels 9 (don't laugh) on a new Mac mini. I've sent a message on Facebook but I'd like to post here as well since I need this cleared up ASAP...

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Note: Parallels Desktop 9 is not compatible with El Capitan or newer macOS X versions.

Accounting1 likes this.
  16. Accounting1

Accounting1 Bit poster

Thanks!
    I'm all set.

And yes, the Mac mini is running OS X Yosemite.

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

18. DenisM6

DenisM6 Bit poster

I got the same problem. I can't activate the desktop license on my new mac although I have signed out of the old mac and uninstalled parallels on it.

19. DenisM6

DenisM6 Bit poster

Already solved by the Facebook support. :)

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  20. Jellyv

Jellyv Bit poster

I tried to install my PD 10 license on my new mac. But no luck. I'm not able to sign out from my account on my old mac because it's not possible. Please help.