Is anyone running 3186 Final sucessfully?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Horizontal, Feb 28, 2007.

1. fongyuen

fongyuen Bit poster

i have a c2d mbp with parallels running off boot camp and last week it was running perfectly. started up fine, coherence was working great, no problems. then this week i can't seem to get parallels to boot up winxp at all. it starts to load and then gets stuck on the Microsoft Windows XP screen with the blue bars beneath it. the bars just stop. any idea what can be wrong? i can still boot into winxp with boot camp, i've tried removing the VM, uninstalling parallels and reinstalling, no luck. thanks.

2. mdelange

mdelange Bit poster

3. DerekS

DerekS Member

I have seen that also.

4. mdelange

mdelange Bit poster

XP 2002 installed but crashing on every window resize (BSOD, paging something). Disabled virtual memory to no avail. Yay. Anyone know where to download the *previous* stable build?

5. sanderv2rv

sanderv2rv Bit poster

build 3186 just keeps freezing my entire system, so I'm reverting back to 3170. I'm on a core 2 duo macbook pro and windows xp pro.

edit: forgot to mention that I'm also running XP from bootcamp partition.

6. fongyuen

fongyuen Bit poster

i ended up staying in boot camp for a couple hours for work stuff. then when i booted back into OSX and started Parallels, it finally booted up. not sure what the problem is....

7. mdelange

mdelange Bit poster

Just installed build 1970. XP installed without problems, still running...

8. luckylindy

luckylindy Bit poster

This did the trick for me, jkneen; thanks!