Need to move license for parallels desktop 10 to new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ppobozy, Aug 7, 2017.

1. ppobozy

ppobozy Bit poster

Hi,

Please disable the currently active key for PD version 10 on the backend.

Thanks

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3. haydn

haydn Bit poster

Hi, I have re-installed a computer and need to reactivate Parallels. Please could you assist.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are unable to find any license under the current email. Please provide us the license key or email in a private message to check.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello haydn,
    The key you have is Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac. Are you trying to use Parallels Desktop 9?

6. haydn

haydn Bit poster

Hi

Yes that is the version I have.

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can activate Parallels Desktop 9 without issues. Let us know if you are facing any issues.

8. GregC7

GregC7 Bit poster

I have Parallels desktop 10 on an old machine that will not boot up due to my daughter throwing a cup of water on the keyboard.
    How do get PD 10 running on my new laptop. When I enter the activation key on the new laptop it says it is already used on another computer. The original computer is now dead.

9. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @GregC7 , we have made the necessary changes.
    Please follow the instructions below:
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

10. GregC7

GregC7 Bit poster

Thanks for the prompt reply. Using the terminal command it worked!

11. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @GregC7 You're Welcome! We are always here to help you.

12. haydn

haydn Bit poster

Hi

I need to license my copy of Parallels 10 on a new Mac as my old one was stolen. please could you reset the key.

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @haydn, please check your private message and reply with the license key to change the settings.

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:

15. MuratY1

MuratY1 Bit poster

Hello, I am in same situation, upgraded my laptop, and now can't activate it again. Can you please disable the last activation under this email address ?
    Thanks,

16. Arun@Parallels

Hi @MuratY1 .

17. AlanA5

AlanA5 Bit poster

Hello. I also need to move my Parallels Desktop 10 to a new Mac. Can you please disable the license key for the old Mac so I can reactivate on the new.
    Thanks.

18. Arun@Parallels

Hi @AlanA5 ,

19. AnthonyW4

AnthonyW4 Bit poster

Hi team

I am having the same issue, moved computers and didnt realise I needed to deactivate the older one (the OS was wiped completely so I cant deactivate). Can you please do this at your end.

20. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @AnthonyW4, We have made the necessary changes, please follow the below steps to activate the Parallels Desktop.
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop.

2. Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app)

3. Execute the command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online