Parallels 9- Can't get trial version

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Lukasz_, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukasz_

Lukasz_ Bit poster

Hi,

I am trying to test Parallels 9 first, so I click "download trial" in the Parallels Desktop activation menu, then I type in name, e-mail and country, again "download trial" and that's when a pops-up a window stating that there is internet connection problem. Internet works properly an I do not have any firewalls switched on. Does anyone know hot to deal with it?

I'm using OSX 10.8.5

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  2. Diana-Denisa

Diana-Denisa Bit poster

Hello,

I am also using OSX 10.8.5 and I am trying to get a trial version of the Parallels Desktop tool. When I reach the Request Trial Key window, my data is already filled (including my email address, which is also inactive). If I press the Get Trial button, I just got a red exclamation mark after my email address. I have registered and also activate my account. Have anyone experienced this before and can help me?

Thanks

3. James Hatz

James Hatz Bit poster

Hi Diana, you say your email that populates in the field is inactive - try clearing this field and entering in the correct email address. It sounds like your browser is set to autofill fields for you and has some outdated information is all.

4. ITworksLLC

ITworksLLC Bit poster

I can't get a trial started

I'm trying to test out Parallels for the first time in years and am really struggling. I downloaded Parallels 9 and have it installed on my Mac. It opens up and asks me to login, so I create an account and get logged in. Next it asks me to enter a key or I can choose Get Trial. I choose Get Trial and it asks for my name, email (gray, won't let me edit since I'm logged in I assume?) and country. I press Get Trial and I just get a red exclamation mark.

When I downloaded Parallels from the website I guess I just assumed I'd get an email with a trial key, but nothing. This is frustrating...

Anyway, I'd love to get some help so I can try Parallels out. I tried to find a way to reach out to Parallels, but they don't want to talk to me unless I've purchased their software. I guess I could always just try VMware Fusion, but I really like what I'm seeing advertised for Parallels. So yea... help please!?

parallels.png

5. Diana-Denisa

Diana-Denisa Bit poster

Hi James. thanks for your answer. Actually the information that are filled are correct and the email address is the one that I used when I registered. The window is not opened in the browser, it is a window from the installation wizard.

6. SweetCandy

SweetCandy Bit poster

I have this problem as well. I wanted to try out a newer version of Parallels Desktop, namely version 9, for OS X Mavericks and therefore requested a trial key.
    However, the field for the e-mail address is disabled because it is filled in automatically after the login at the first page. It is somehow unable to continue because the software thinks no e-mail address is entered yet. It is not possible to enter one manually as the field is disabled. I added a screenshot that highlights this, I blurred out the personal information.

screenshot.png

7. SweetCandy

SweetCandy Bit poster

8. dkazotnzo

dkazotnzo Bit poster

I have the same issue on the pop-up window stating 'internet connection problem', can there be any mercy on trial users?

9. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Trial keys sent in the private messages.

10. Andrew@Parallels

Trial keys sent in private messages

11. topyang

topyang Bit poster

hi andrew,,i also got this network connection problem,please help

12. CaduMorais

CaduMorais Bit poster

Help

Andrew...i got the same problem...please help

13. Andrew@Parallels

Check your private messages - @topyang & @CaduMorais

14. beta_mikecwest

beta_mikecwest Member

To those with the "internet connection problem," are you using LittleSnitch or Host.pref? It is possible that you accidentally blocked access to the parallels server that issues the keys. Try to disable Little Snitch monitoring for the time being.

15. Lance000

Lance000 Bit poster

I have the same problem, running on Mavericks, andrew, can you send me a trial key?

16. Jam033

Jam033 Bit poster

I'm also having this network problem, am trying to use a trial on Mavericks. I've tried deleting and reinstalling to see if that would fix the issue, but it hasn't. Could I please have a trial key?

17. XiaofengT

XiaofengT Bit poster

Hi, I also got this issue when I was trying to get free trial, and I'm pretty sure there is no problem with my internet. Can you please help me with this? I just updated to Mavericks and can't use my old Parallels any longer, so I'm quire upset about this new internet issue. Thank you so much!

18. AlexeyB2

AlexeyB2 Bit poster

ANDREW I have the same issue. PD says "Please check your network connection and try again" when I want to use a trial version of PD9 for Maverick after my purchased PD8 but not the latest update stopped working with Mavericks. PLEASE SEND THE TRIAL KEYS

19. JeffP132

JeffP132 Bit poster

I am also having this problem. The email field is autofilling and when I press "Get Trial" a red exclamation point comes up.

20. Lance000

Lance000 Bit poster

For all those experiencing this issue, this may help you out:http://kb.parallels.com/en/113744, just download and run Fix hosts for PDfM.zip, which will fix your host files. It works for me, because I just realized I edited my host files before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.