Parallels 9- Can't get trial version

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Lukasz_, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealthrange

Stealthrange Bit poster

I have the same problem where the email is grayed. Please Help!

2. IoanRo

IoanRo Bit poster

I was able to get the trial key after I used a shorter email address (it seems like it needs to fit into the email control to be accepted).

3. MegatronSK

MegatronSK Bit poster

Same network problem. Email field disabled. I changed the host file but still not working. Please send me trial key.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  4. WarframeKing

WarframeKing Bit poster

I have the same problem as well. I go thru all the info the it says its activated but then when i open parallels it shows up with a window saying it can't connect to the internet to activate and there is no offline work mode??? been looking how to fix it but can't find anything?? Any one knows why this is happening????

5. LeoFrutos

LeoFrutos Bit poster

I'm unable to get a trial key and it says I can't "access the Parallels server" please help.

6. AndyMcM

AndyMcM Bit poster

Andrew, Please could you send me a key too?

Like so many, I get the email address problem (with the red exclamation mark) rather than the internet connectivity issue.

Thanks
    Andy

7. Kevin R

Kevin R Bit poster

Same Issue Here!

I tried downloading their fix above, no luck. I tried registering with a different Email, no luck. I'd like to try it for a few days before deciding to purchase version 9.

Can you please send me a trial passkey?

8. LeeArt

LeeArt Bit poster

I'm having the same issue too! Seems like this bug has been around since October, is there a fix to this problem?
    May I please get a trial key?

9. AndyMcM

AndyMcM Bit poster

To add insult to injury I now receive an email asking if I'm making the most of my desktop trial! What trial?
    Andy

10. Peter81

Peter81 Bit poster

Same here. Can't get any trial key....

11. Beano2k5

Beano2k5 Bit poster

I am also having this problem when the email field is autofilling and when I press "Get Trial" a red exclamation point comes up.

12. mayatotlina

mayatotlina Bit poster

i would also like to request for trial keys because i just downloaded parallels 9 and I don't know where to find my free trial activation key. please help me

13. ZoliTakács

ZoliTakács Bit poster

Dear Andrew, same here, I even tried the proxy solutions w/out any effect. thanks For a quick reply. And is not this a serious bug?

14. Anthony22

Anthony22 Bit poster

i am having the exclamation problem please help

15. VivekL

VivekL Bit poster

I'm getting the error message to check my connection whenever I try to get a trial key. I have tried all possible solutions and finally gave up. Please mail the key and fix this issue for future users.

16. RonaldMO

RonaldMO Bit poster

I get the red exclamation point next to my correctly registered email address when trying to get the trial key also. The fact that this thread has been around since October without a fix isn't instilling much faith in the software.

17. RonaldMO

RonaldMO Bit poster

While waiting for a reply -- on the forum, or twitter, or to the help ticket I sent -- I figured I'd try registering a different email address. I changed MyAccount to use my Gmail address. No luck -- even after removing the software, rebooting, and reinstalling. THIS IS WAY TOO MUCH WORK TO DO JUST TO TRY PARALLELS FOR 14 DAYS. Is this an indication of the support we can expect if we buy it?

18. justchris.b

justchris.b Bit poster

I have the exact same problem... The red "!"

19. RonaldMO

RonaldMO Bit poster

I eventually went to the Twitter account and posted a message about the problem. After following them on Twitter, I got a direct message with a trial activation code. It did take two tries though. The first one resulted in a message that said it had already expired.

Fusion and Parallels both work fine. The advantage of Parallels -- for me -- is that it seems easier to get a screen resolution that's consistently readable on my 13" Macbook Pro Retina. I just hope that keeping it working isn't as much trouble as getting the trial working.

Here's the Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/ParallelsCares

20. justchris.b

justchris.b Bit poster

Thanks RonaldMO. I'll ask on twitter...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.