Permanent licenses and subscriptions

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by Mario30, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Mario30

Mario30 Bit poster

Hi,
    I would like to know the difference between Permanent licenses and subscriptions.
    I have an active permanet licence with an expired subscrption.
    1st questions: Is there any fee to be paid yearly for the licence or it should be paid just once, at the time I bought it?
    2nd question: How may I know if I need to update my licence in order to have compatibility with the new macOS?
    Thank you in advance for your help!

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    A permanent Parallels Desktop License is always valid for the version it was purchased for, and is not entitled to free upgrades, and it is a one-time purchase, compared to a subscription, you will have a yearly renewal fee, and you will be eligible for free upgrades to future Parallels Desktop versions at no additional charge.
    Kindly refer to this article, to learn more regarding the differences between a Parallels Desktop Subscription and one-time purchase.
    Kindly refer to this article, to know which version of Parallels Desktop is compatible with your host macOS.
    Since you already have a previous version of Parallels Desktop, you can purchase a Parallels Desktop Upgrade License at a discounted price using this link.
    Thank you.