Scrolling sucks in macOS 10.12 Guest...

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by viola, Jul 29, 2017.

1. SeanM11

SeanM11 Bit poster

The "devices.usb.mouse=0" did not work for me. It disabled my Magic Trackpad entirely. But on the way to trying that, I discovered that my old Kensington USB Trackball (the big one with the cue-ball sized red ball) works just fine.

But the MacBook Pro's built-in trackpad and the bluetooth Magic Trackpad 2 are unusable.

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    We investigated the issue locally.. There is workaround, but it has a significant drawback. It makes mouse pointer captured in Mac OS guest, so you need to release mouse from VM by pressing "Alt + Ctrl". The workaround is to go to the VM configuration and choose "Optimize for games" setting in the mouse options. See the screenshot below:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  3. PaoloT2

PaoloT2 Junior Member

I'm very disappointed to discover that, years after, this issue has not been solved. After following the advices in this thread, scrolling in the Mac guest has still too wide a step. Try to center a page, and it will jump out of the border.

Is there a chance it will be solved, without using the suggested workaround?

Paolo

4. PaoloT2

PaoloT2 Junior Member

An addition: if using Coherence, the scrolling direction is reversed. Better: "natural" scrolling is the right one when in Coherence mode, and reversed when again inside the VM window. Move your fingers to the right, and the page will move to the left.

The behavior is still erratic. Sometimes the movement is too fast. Controlling the pointer is nearly impossible. As it is, the program is unusable. Any chance of a solution?

Paolo