"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. DerekT1

DerekT1 Bit poster

Hello Parallels, after Apple repaired my computer, I get the error, "Your product license has reached the activation limit." This is my only computer and I never tried to install on more than this machine. How do I fix this?

Thank you kindly for your assistance.

2. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Derek, Please check your Private Messages for further updates.

3. RodrigoB2

RodrigoB2 Bit poster

4. ManojK@Parallels

Hi, your key for Parallels Desktop Pro for Mac has been reset. To reactivate your Parallels Desktop for Mac with this key, please
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop for Mac.
    2. Restart your Mac.
    3. Start Parallels Desktop for Mac and go to Parallels Desktop -> Activate Product in the Mac menu.
    4. Enter your activation key and click Activate.

5. BassV

BassV Bit poster

Hey, sir!
    I had a similar problem with parallels desktop, my laptop was formated 2 times, and now when I want to re-enter the serial(License I mean), don't allow me saying that I can't use it anymore because I used the maximum of them.

My laptop died, and every time it died I lost my parallels.

And I'm thinking... If I renovate the license (49.99 dollars fee), am I going to be able to use it again?

6. SauloP

SauloP Bit poster

Hello,
    The Parallels support team does not give the answer nor clarify the problem here in the forum. They reply in this way: "Please check your private message". In the case of the "Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition Upgrade" the user receives the information that there is a "maximum number for the activation key" by the support only when he/she faces the problem.

Why not to explain this sensitive difficulty when the user is buying the product? Each time the user move from one Mac to another the activation key must be deactivated manually by the support team so that the user will be able to activate the key in another machine. They also do not clarify which is the limit number for deactivate and activate the key by year.

I just canceled the annual renewal of the product bought few months ago. I will wait for the day when Apple will bring its own friendly and intelligent version of "Parallels" incorporated to Mac OS free of charge.

Yes, no any opportunity to talk directly with any person by e-mail at least. There is not any information or resource to attend users and clients with disabilities or special needs than that the capacity to read and to to through tons of texts and dialog boxes of "support"? It is not a product that I liked to install and to have in my Mac. From my point of view Parallels goes against the friendly and wise way that Apple designs the Mac computers.
    ----

DavidA8 and MornetC like this.
  7. NickS2

NickS2 Bit poster

Hi @ManojK@Parallels Just had my macbook motherboard replaced and now I'm getting the "reached activation limit" error. Please assist ASAP. Thank you.

8. Hey, we've deactivated your license key, please check the issue with activation and let us know the results.

9. OcalaRick

OcalaRick Bit poster

Followed the instructions and logged out of Parallels on my old iMac before formatting it and sending it to my son. Received my new iMac and it will not let me activate Parallels Desktop 11? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10. OcalaRick

OcalaRick Bit poster

Little help with my license key, PLEASE.

11. MornetC

MornetC Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm stunned to see that this has been a problem for plenty of users!! Why this keeps annoying everyone?

Well, same problem has most people who posted here. I changed the hard drive in my macbook pro and it appears Parallel Desktop lost my license.
    There is no contact info except phone number in Paris (French here) which goes to voicemail. So how do I get my license back? It's crazy for a "professional" software to have to ask for such question! I use VMWare at work and I now am considering strongly to switch which is almost the same price as upgrading to Parallel 11...

EDIT: vmware offers 55% off if switching from parallel! it's cheaper than upgrading. Plus you get 3 licenses, not 1... Only Cortana is not available in vmware which isn't worth the problems i have in parallel desktop 10.

EDIT2: Cortana is supported by both for those who wants it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  12. JudyV

JudyV Bit poster

Hi, I am also running into the same issue. I am unable to deactivate Parallels Desktop 9 and reinstall it on my new mac because the activation limit has been reached. Please assist!

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please provide us with your license keys in private messages.

14. MornetC

MornetC Bit poster

How do we send PMs??
    It is the first time I have to look at topic from top to bottom and look at your profile for 15 minutes to still not find how I can send PMs. From where is it accessible?
    Thank you.

EDIT: Nobody knows how to send private messages?? I wonder how I will get fixed issues in PD10 since I can't even get answer to such simple question. Weird...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hello Judy, we've sent a PM, plz check and provide the license key, so that we can check it for you. Thanks!

16. MornetC

MornetC Bit poster

don't I deserve an answer as well? I paid for the software just like everyone

17. PeterD6

PeterD6 Bit poster

Hi Manol, can you PM me, replaced the motherboard on my laptop and now i cant access the software because it states that i have reached the installation limit, need you to reset. Thanks Much.

18. ManojK@Parallels

Hi Peter, I have responded to your latest personal message to our team. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

19. MornetC

MornetC Bit poster

Are my messages transparent?? I don't get why...

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi MornetC, please provide us with your license keys in private messages.