"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. LiamC1

LiamC1 Bit poster

Works a treat, thanks for that!

2. You are welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries.

3. EtienneL1

EtienneL1 Bit poster

Hi, I have Parallels 13 for Mac, two MacBook Pro 13" and one MacBook Pro 15". I have been trying to move my licence to my 15" and I keep getting the same "license limit error". I have followed all the instructions in the article and it still doesn't work. I have signed out of all my MacBooks beside the 15" and still get the same error. This is extremely frustrating, especially trying to get support. Even the support message "get personalised support" message on the Parallels website is deceptive. Coz it's NOT personalised, and it took me ages to finally get to request a new ticket, but then my communication options are limited as well, unless I PURCHASE the necessary support. ALL I want to do is move my license from my one Mac to the other and all I GET from parallels is BUY a new license. Please move my licence. thank you.

4. Hi EtienneL1. We have reset the license. Please try to activate the product now.

5. WilliamF12

WilliamF12 Junior Member

I am facing the same issues (Esta licença atingiu seu limite de ativação e não pode mais ser usada para ativar novas cópias de produtos.)
    . I have purchased a new MBP16 and am unable to activate my parallels 15 on it. Please need help.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your key. Try to activate it again.

7. WilliamF12

WilliamF12 Junior Member

It works. Thank you !

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  8. ariasalvaro

ariasalvaro Bit poster

Hello dear Support:
    I have a Parallels 10 license which was installed in a MacBook Air. Such laptop was reimaged, then no access to move or change in any way the license. Now, I need to install such license in another MacBook and then apply a license upgrade that a friend bought some days ago and I will use it, not him. However, I can't activate Parallels 10 because it says that license is already in use. Can you help me please?
    PS: I've posted this in another thread but I didn't find the way to delete it from there. I'm not spamming. Sorry :(

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have replied to your initial post.

10. MichaelM97

MichaelM97 Bit poster

Having the same problem. Activation key says it is registered to another account. But the key is registered to my account and just renewed this week.

11. Hi, please provide us with your license key and email address. (use the private message for this in order to not share your personal info in public)

12. JohnC60

JohnC60 Bit poster

I would like to reset a Parallels 10 licence and cannot see how to do this other than posting to a forum or paying a heap of money to Parallels for 'support'.

I am an occasional Parallels user and frequently change computers so the activation on an old computer is often lost. Now, in quarantine due to CV19, I cannot access any of my other computers and find I cannot use Parallels to do a simple task and there's no mechanism in my account settings to reset the activations for myself. This is barking mad!

This forum started years ago and has hundreds of people in the same position... yet there's still no easy way of resetting a password quickly.

13. MichaelM97

MichaelM97 Bit poster

Can you start the private message conversation? I can't find the option on the profile pages.

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Note: Parallels Desktop 10 is not compatible with Sierra or newer macOS X versions.

If you need to reset the password that can be done in your account.

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We can see a personal license registered with "bgsa***@kollins.com" and business license registered with "dbar***@kollins.com". If you are not using any of these let us know, so we can initiate a private message.

16. JohnC60

JohnC60 Bit poster

Thanks. Doesn't explain why I cannot do this by myself next time though and waste a day of work.

The other thing is that Parallels is mostly compatible with Catalina etc. It runs a little slower but works OK.

17. Hi, you will be able to use Terminal command. For the newest version we've modified this process.
    We also recommend to make a backup copy of your VM if you're using Parallels Desktop 10 on macOS 10.15.

18. DirkM7

DirkM7 Bit poster

• Hi, I moved to a new MacBook Pro. After installing Parallels Desktop 10 the license windows says: "Anzahl der für Ihren Aktivierungsschlüssel erlaubten Aktivierungen erreicht ... Bitte kaufen Sie eine neue Produktlizenz." Since this is my only Computer I'm using Parallels Desktop on, I would be glad, if you could help me out.

19. Hi, we've reset your Parallels Desktop license key, please check the issue.

20. DirkM7

DirkM7 Bit poster

Sorry, but my license M277TX-6M... still does not work.