Problems with parallels 7

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KOADOG, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Ha YoungL

Ha YoungL Bit poster

I do not think this is not related to language setting nor file vault.

No matter what, I have been purchasing Parallels since its version 3.0 and I do not want to switch to other virtual machine tools. So, please fix this issue immediately. Actually, it has been quite annoying.

2. KOADOG

KOADOG Junior Member

Talked to chat twice, reinstalled parallels, and tried repairing identities on drive.....nothing has worked. Seems that the support people don't have a clue....parallels, please fix this or provide refunds and give us back 6.

3. wonder_mice

wonder_mice Hunter

Guys,

Thank you all for the reports. We have reproduced the issue in our lab.
    Sorry, but we need some time to investigate it.

4. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Member

Hi wonder_mice,

Ah ok, same problem here, kernel cache rebuilt on startup and then a reboot, second time through starts ok. Looks like a next problem.

Strangely email support seem to not have a clue what I am talking about, maybe someone can tell them!

I have reverted to 6.

Cheers

Andy

5. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

Hi BobTheDog.

Our engineering does their best in order to try to eliminate this problem ASAP. Could you please send us problem report (http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058) and post here it id.

6. KOADOG

KOADOG Junior Member

You should probably tell your chat support about being able to reproduce the problem....seems that their new tactic is to blame microsoft for the issue.

7. sandro

Thank you for information.

8. J_Browne

J_Browne Bit poster

Slow start-up and shut down

Per my earlier post regarding slow start up and shut down, I have been running P3-6 with no problems, using XP, on a variety of machines. When can we expect resolution to the issue?

9. sandro

Confirmed slow start/shutdown seem bound with this issue as well. We will try to eliminate this issue ASAP.

10. MarceloL

MarceloL Bit poster

Solution!!!!

Hi there,

I have spent a day analyzing logs, installing and reinstalling Lion and PD7. I got the same conclusion mentioned above. Parallels is touching kernel extensions at every boot, what makes kextcache to rerun at every shutdown and startup, slowing dow the process. Supposedly, Parallels Team did this to circumvent a bug (#1931) until Apples gets back to them.

Well, I found a better way to fix it, without slowing down the computer. I have changed the "/Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/Resources/ParallelsDispatcherService" to reflect that. It is working well in my MBA 2011. Just replace the file with the attachment.

To Parallels Team:
    Look for "by Milk" within the file and you will see my changes.

Cheers,
    Mr. Milk

Attached Files:

11. Ha YoungL

Ha YoungL Bit poster

Thanks for this. I downloaded attached file and replaced it. After several rebooting, it seems shutdown went a lot faster. However, startup is a bit slow. I mean it is faster but not as fast as before.

When I replaced it firstly, it appeared still slow but I reboot my 2011 MBA couple of times, I discovered that shutdown went to normal but startup is still slower than its normal.

Anyhow, I really appreciate what you have done...

PS: I rebooted my MBA couple of times more and it turns out to be as fast as before... Thank you again...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  12. MarceloL

MarceloL Bit poster

You're welcome. And yes, it looks like it takes some restarts for the speed to get back to normal.

Mr. Milk

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  13. JPearn

JPearn Member

This fix is working fine for me, after a couple of reboots all is well, thanks !

14. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Member

Hi,

I have reverted back to 6, do I need to re-install 7 to do this?

Thanks

Andy

15. sandro

Please note that USB won't work in virtual machine after this.

16. sandro

No it's optional - you can send problem report from PD 6.0 as well

17. MarceloL

MarceloL Bit poster

Well, I don't really use USB on my VM's. But I have sucessfully enabled an external USB drive, MacBook Air's card reader and a DVB tuner in a XP VM. It seems to be working.

Mr. Milk

18. Gartenzwerg

Gartenzwerg Bit poster

No problem here. USB work's fine.

19. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Member

Hi Alexander,

Ok done, 10070079

Cheers

Andy

20. Ha YoungL

Ha YoungL Bit poster