"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. GeertB1

GeertB1 Bit poster

Same for me.... This has to be fixed. Otherwise I'll need to step back to VMWare again.

2. Hi, please check our documents about running 1 Parallels Desktop license on several Mac: http://www.parallels.com/about/legal/eula/

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  3. GeertB1

GeertB1 Bit poster

Maria,

That seems to be the wrong link to the document. It's pointing to VMware.com.

4. Changed it, sorry my bad.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  5. Alessandro1

Alessandro1 Bit poster

I have the same problem in the company for the license of a colleague who has Parallel hardships 9.
    "Your product license has reached the activation limit. Contact the Parallels support team for assistance."
    He also contact support because they do not receive the validation email. If you contact me privately I give her account id and the license number of blocked
    Please Help!

6. PatriceL

PatriceL Bit poster

Hi everybody,

I have the same trouble as you all : Your product license has reached the activation limit. Contact the Parallels support team for assistance.

I have two computers. Both have just been clean installed with El Capitan. I have 2 Parallels Licences : the first one for my Macbook Air, and a second one for an iMac. The first licence is a Business Edition, and it runs perfectly on the MBA. The second one was running on Yosemite before installation. But I can't reinstall it on the iMac (under El Capitan) with the same "error message".

In the Parallels Web Site, in my account, only one key appears in the list ! (and all my old keys : I use Parallels since the 5.0 version), but my second key (for the Business Edition) doesn't ! Both of them are registered on the same email address, I have my proof of purchase for both of them.

I can't use my iMac with Parallels anymore, and I must change my laptop soon, so what is the solution to reinstall without loosing to much time ?

Many thanks in advance

(Sorry for my poor english)

7. Please check your private message.

8. Hi, I've found your Parallels Desktop 11 key and if you would like to I can reset it.
    But I cannot find the Business key, you can try to check it using the following steps: Parallels Desktop tab -> account and license.

9. PatriceL

PatriceL Bit poster

So sorry Maria, I've made a mistake : the second key is not a Business edition, but it's a Pro edition !

Actually, I've reached the chat support, and they effectively have reseted the PD11 Key, and everything gone perfectly since that ! :)

Thank you

10. Great! Glad to know that, let us know if you need any help.

11. EckartS

EckartS Bit poster

Please help me, i want be unregister and deactivate my two Parallels Desktop 9 Licenses.
    Now i'am on Parallels Desktop 11 and don't need this old both Licenses.

12. Hi, we've deactivated both of it.

13. EckartS

EckartS Bit poster

thx but can you unregister these licenses from my account, they alreay listed in my account

14. Sorry my bad, I've unregistered it.

15. EckartS

EckartS Bit poster

thank you very much :)

16. Always welcome :)

17. HANII

HANII Bit poster

Hi,
    same case here.
    just bought a new macbook air, replacing my old broken machine.

i couldn't uninstall nor deactivate from the old mac, and now having "Key Activation Limit" problem. Kindly assist me asap via private message, thank you !

18. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi, please check your private message and respond so that we can assist you further.

19. dwmreg

dwmreg Bit poster

I've read or nearly read 22 pages of complaints about the Parallels licensing model. I hit the same problem. I think this was due to my having upgraded to the "pro" verision...ha ha ha ha...."pro" is a joke.

Anyhow after reading all of this I've decided that as soon as possible I'll be converting ALL my VM's to VMWare Fusion 8. I can for the time being run their pro version of Fusion on two Macs without all this BS.

I don't need a whole lot of power and the mistake was thinking the pro version of Parallels would help with a class I teach. We are using VMWare Player for the students. So I should have given Parallels the heave ho a long time ago.

Sadly I just wasted a $100 a few months ago. I won't get burned again!

20. RodrigoB2

RodrigoB2 Bit poster

Hi Everybody, I have the same problem with license reach maximun used.
    I had a Macbook and a few weeks ago i bought the parallels, so then i sold that machine and i buy a new one.
    So i cant register parallels right now, and i dont know how to contact support etc.
    Can you help me?
    Best Regards.