How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. mvgodinho

mvgodinho Bit poster

It worked! Thank you!

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

3. AdrianE1

AdrianE1 Bit poster

Just migrated to a new Mac and need to have my key reset for Parallels 10. I have tried the above methods but it still says I have too many activations. Any help is appreciated.

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello AdrianE1, We have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now. As it was a Parallels Desktop 10, please use the below steps to activate.
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop
    2. Open Finder > Application > Utility > Terminal and execute the command "prlsrvctl activate-license-online". and check it helps. Thanks!

5. TeoV

TeoV Bit poster

I am trying to move Paralells Desktop 10 from one Macbook to another. After reading this forum thread I 1) Quit Parallels Desktop on the new Mac.
    2) In Terminal I paste the command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online, but that gives me:
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

Please help how to deactivate Parallels 10 license on the old Mac and activate it on the new one.

Thanks.

6. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello TeoV, we have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now. As it was a Parallels Desktop 10, please use the below steps to activate.
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop
    2. Open Finder > Application > Utility > Terminal and execute the command "prlsrvctl activate-license-online". and check it helps. Thanks!

7. YassineX

YassineX Bit poster

Hi I have the same problem when migrating to my new replacement MBP.
    Can you help me out ?
    Many thanks

8. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @YassineX , we have made the necessary changes to the activation key please reattempt activation and check if it works.
    Thanks

9. TaeC

TaeC Bit poster

i can't deactivate parallels 10 on my old mac. i want to move it to a new mac. there is no option to sign out of parallels 10 so that i can activate my parallels 10 on my new mac.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

11. TaeC

TaeC Bit poster

Thank you for your help. It worked.

12. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @TaeC , you are welcome. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

13. GenerationR

GenerationR Bit poster

Hi, Same problem here... I have tried over and over and over again no success... I logged out of Computer #1 De-install parallel desktop and restart parallel on computer #2... Logged in again and re-enter the license key, with no success... Tried the terminal command... neither it aint worked...

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please try to activate it again.

15. ReedH

ReedH Bit poster

Good day... Having the same issue here with moving Parallels Desktop for Mac Version 10 from old Mac to new Mac.
    Thanks in advance!

16. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello ReedH, We have made changes to the activation key. please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation. Thanks!

17. JosephH5

JosephH5 Bit poster

Ajith,

prlsrvctl activate-license-online does not work for me, I merely get an error. Can you perform whatever reset is needed? Thank you.

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes to the activation key. Try to activate again and check.

19. TobiasM4

TobiasM4 Bit poster

Hi!
    I too need assistance with on of my license keys. It's the one starting with 3P2. Please do your magic, so that I can reactivate it on a new machine.
    Thanks!

20. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello TobiasM4, we have made some changes to your license key. Please try to reactivate and see if this works. Thanks!