how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. GiovannaP

GiovannaP Bit poster

We have the same issue here, we cannot transfer the license to the new machine.
    We also need to be able to transfer it back to the old machine in case some licenses for other programs need to be deactivated during the migration process.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @GiovannaP, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate with the same key. If the issue persists, please try the below steps to activate it: 1.Please navigate through Apple menu> Application> Terminal. 2. Execute this command : prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3. DarrylM

DarrylM Bit poster

I need my activation key reset. Moved my Parallels 11 from one computer to another.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please try to activate it again.

5. ChrisN3

ChrisN3 Bit poster

Hello, I need to deactivate the P10 license on my current mac but there is no option to sign out. Please help!

6. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @ChrisN3 , we have made necessary changes to the activation key, you can attempt activation on your new Mac.
    Thanks

7. ChrisN3

ChrisN3 Bit poster

I'm still getting this msg on my new Mac:
    Unable to confirm the product license.

8. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @ChrisN3 , Please quit Parallels Desktop . Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.
    Thanks

9. ChrisN3

ChrisN3 Bit poster

Worked perfectly! Thank you for the quick responses!

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

11. AleksandrB

AleksandrB Bit poster

Hey! Could somebody reset the activation for version 10?

12. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello AleksandrB, please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.Thanks!

13. AleksandrB

AleksandrB Bit poster

Thx!

14. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries.Thanks!

15. shu2

shu2 Bit poster

@Meenakshi@Parallels , I also need yo to deactivate my PD10. I believe I have a 3 user lisence for my PD10. And I'm moving from one actived mac mini to an iMac. There is no option to deactivate from the mini. and I tried both way - including the terminal command - to activate on the iMac, but get information that I've reached the maximum number.
    What information do you need from me to help me work it out?

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

The key you have for Parallels Desktop 10 can be used on a single Mac not more than that. We don't have a single permanent license which can be activated on multiple devices. If you like to use in on multiple devices, you have to purchase a license for each device.

17. shu2

shu2 Bit poster

I might remembered wrongly regards the multi device part.
    But we do use this license on this Mac mini only for now, and we do need to transfer from this Mini to another iMac. Can I simply delete parallels desktop on the mini? Or do I need you to deactivate from your end?

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We would like to inform that you have Parallels Desktop 11 which is not used yet, you can use it on the new Mac. We have also made changes to the Parallels Desktop 10 activation key but you can use Parallels Desktop 10 or 11. Please follow the instructions below to activate Parallels Desktop 10:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

19. StanleiB

StanleiB Bit poster

Hello, I can not activate my Parallels 10 license in my new mac. What should I do?

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes. Please follow the instructions below to activate Parallels Desktop 10:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online