Need to move license for parallels desktop 10 to new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ppobozy, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Roberto9

Roberto9 Bit poster

Hi, I'm having this issue as well. Screen stopped working on old computer, and I can't run Parallels 10 on the new one.
    I tried prlsrvctl activate-license-online and got a message saying I reached the maximum number of activations, though I just want to transfer the license.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. ShawnH1

ShawnH1 Bit poster

I just installed parallels 10 on new Macbook pro. I have it installed but my product key doesn't work. How do I get my activation key to work?

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We see that you currently have Parallels Desktop Pro upgrade subscription and Parallels Desktop Standard full subscription. If you are using Parallels Desktop Pro subscription on any Mac means you cannot use the previous versions on another Mac. As you have upgraded a same license by purchasing an upgrade key.
    Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac (full) > Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac (Upgrade) > Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac (Upgrade) > Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac (Upgrade) > Parallels Desktop Pro for Mac (Upgrade)
    You cannot use Parallels Desktop 10 if you have Parallels Desktop Pro is used. If you have full key instead of upgrade then you can use the old key on another Mac.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

5. Roberto9

Roberto9 Bit poster

Thanks for the help, Ajith! Good to go now :)

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

7. Jim9

Jim9 Bit poster

Hello, I have this problem too. I cannot activate my Parallels Toolbox for Mac on a new computer. Old one wiped. I just got billed for my yearly subscription too. so would like to get this working. Can you do you magic on the backend to deactivate the key on all other macs so i can activate it on my new one?

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We see that you have purchased Parallels Toolbox with an email but registered using different. Please use that email to complete the activation.

9. ArturK1

ArturK1 Bit poster

I
    I Try do this and I have still error and got a message saying I reached the maximum number of activations.
    I have new MacBook Pro and I want activate my Desktop 10 on new computer and deactivate on old computer.

10. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello ArturK1, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

11. EliasL1

EliasL1 Bit poster

Hello support. Computer died. Had to restore to a new one. Parallels 10 not complains about going over the license limit. Can you please nuke the currently registered computer in your backend? There seems to be no UI in your site to disable licensed computers.

12. Hi EliasL1. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac license key. Please follow the below steps to activate your Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.

1) Open Terminal (Finder --> Applications --> Utilities --> Terminal.app)

2) Execute the command:

prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3) Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.

13. idan1

idan1 Bit poster

Hello, I also need to reinstall Parallels 10 and getting the same error. Can you please help?

14. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @idan1 ,We have reset the Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac license key. Please follow the below steps to activate your Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.

1) Open Terminal (Finder --> Applications --> Utilities --> Terminal.app)

2) Execute the command:

prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3) Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.

15. RichardH22

RichardH22 Bit poster

Hi I also have trouble transferring my PD 11 to my new macbook pro even that I already signed out PD11 on the old one. Could you please help?

Thank you very much.

Richard

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the license key. Try to activate again and check. If the issue persists, reach out to us anytime for support.

17. RichardH22

RichardH22 Bit poster

Amazing quick response! I'm now happy with PD 11 on new mac. Thank you so much!

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

19. ChrisG14

ChrisG14 Bit poster

I have the same issue...
    "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies."
    I'm trying to set up a new Macbook, but I have no way to deactivate the old instance. The old Macbook is dead and gone...

Help?

20. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello ChrisG14, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it.