How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. HarryR3

HarryR3 Bit poster

Hi. I'm using a new Mac now and have signed out of Parallels on the old Mac. I'm still only going to use one license.
    How can I activate parallels 10 on my new Mac?

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi HarryR3. Please check our private message.

3. KathrynB2

KathrynB2 Bit poster

Hi. I'm having the same issue trying to install Parallels 10 on my new Mac. I have also run the terminal command. The license I have I should be able to run it on three laptops. Thanks.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @KathrynB2, we have reset the license key limit for Parallels Desktop 11. You can download the latest build of Parallels Desktop 11 using this link and activate with the license key. Thanks!

5. KathrynB2

KathrynB2 Bit poster

Thanks Paul Chris. That seems to have worked.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Glad to know it works @KathrynB2 We are always here to help!

7. HsiaoS

HsiaoS Bit poster

Hi there,
    I'm having the same issue. Got a new Mac, restored from old Mac and now it won't let me activate. I already wiped the old Mac before I discovered this.

Resetting the activation key will work fine for me.

8. Hi HsiaoS. The reset is done. On the new Mac, quit Parallels Desktop, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command prlsrvctl activate-license-online inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

9. HsiaoS

HsiaoS Bit poster

Hi
    I do the cmd but it seems the problems remained, the reply in cmd still show:
    "Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

Is there something wrong with reset?
    Thanks!

10. Please restart the Mac, execute the terminal command once again and check whether it is getting activated.

11. IgorK2

IgorK2 Bit poster

Hello.
    We bought and installed the Parallels Desktop 9 on Mac. Later on, we bought the Parallels Desktop 11 on the same computer. Now we have the licence of Parallels Desktop 9 unused. I tried to install unused licence of Parallels Desktop 9 on another Mac. Parallels asks activation, but the license has already been activated. Would it be possible to deactivate our software license of Paralels 9?
    63044-72083

12. Hemnath@Parallels

Hi IgorK2. On the Mac on which you need Parallels Desktop 9 activated, please quit Parallels Desktop now, launch it again and re-attempt the activation.

13. Zoomie99

Zoomie99 Bit poster

Hello! I am having the same problem with Parallels 10. I have moved to a new Mac, and when I attempt to activate Parallels on my new computer I get the same message that I have too many activations. I no longer have the old computer (it was wiped). Can my key be reset please?

14. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Zoomie99, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

15. JoshH7

JoshH7 Bit poster

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. Please reset my license :)

Thank you.

16. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello JoshH7, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

JoshH7 likes this.
  17. JoshH7

JoshH7 Bit poster

Worked perfectly! Thank you :)

18. Hemnath@Parallels

Glad to know. Please reach out again for any further queries.

19. jemenake

jemenake Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. Just migrated to a new MacBook, and now Parallels on the new computer is telling me that I've reached the maximum number of activation. Trying prlsrvctl deactivate-license on the old computer just results in the message "Failed to deactivate the license: Unable to deactivate the product. Your type of license cannot be deactivated.". What's the remedy?

20. Hi jemenake. We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.