how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. You're welcome. Please post again for any additional queries.

2. KarthikeyanS

KarthikeyanS Bit poster

I'm trying to move my Parallels Desktop 10 license to a new Mac, please help deactivating it. I've already uninstalled and wiped the old Mac. Appreciate the help.

3. Hi KarthikeyanS. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac license key. Please follow the below steps to activate on the new Mac.

1) Open Terminal (Finder --> Applications --> Utilities --> Terminal.app)

2) Execute the command:

prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3) Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.

4. KarthikeyanS

KarthikeyanS Bit poster

Activation is unsuccessful. "Unable to confirm product license. You have reached maximum number of activations".

Attached Files:

5. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

6. KarthikeyanS

KarthikeyanS Bit poster

Restoring data from Time Machine rendered the installation of brew and python packages completely useless and I may have to do a fresh install of OS X on my new MBP. Do I have to do anything to maintain the parallels desktop 10 license before I erase the hard disk and perform a fresh install, or do I have to request another deactivation and re-activate after OS re-install?

7. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @KarthikeyanS , we have reset the license key. If you have any issues with activation, please

2) Execute the command:

8. LauraR5

LauraR5 Bit poster

Hello -

I just transferred my user data to a new Mac via TimeMachine restore. I have deleted Parallels application from my old computer. I have run the terminal command. I am still receiving the account error "Unable to confirm product license. You have reached maximum number of activations".

Would it be possible to have my license key reset?

9. Hi LauraR5. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac license key.

2) Execute the command:

10. busker

busker Bit poster

Hi The Mac with Parallels is dead (ilke blood on the floor dead) please reset the Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac license key on my account so that I can reactivate Parallels on my new mac.

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

12. DominicL3

DominicL3 Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm trying to use my license on a new machine after my previous one stopped working, how can I revoke the license without being able to access the original machine?
    upload_2018-6-7_21-16-42.png

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @DominicL3, we have reset the license key limit. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate the same key. Thanks!

14. FeiT

FeiT Bit poster

Hello,
    I'm trying to use my Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac on another Mac, I already uninstall Parallel Desktop 8 and installed another new version of Parallel on this Mac. How can I revoke the license? Thank you.

15. Hi FeiT. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac license key. Please try to activate on the other Mac and it should work.
    Note: Please refer this article to check the compatible macOS versions to install and activate Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac.

16. WisnuA

WisnuA Bit poster

Hello,
    I'm trying to use my Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac on new Mac, try many times prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    before do this old Mac already sign out
    > Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. Please activate the product first.
    but still not succeed
    > Unable to confirm....You reach ..
    Please help

aji.wisnu

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  17. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello WisnuA, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

18. WisnuA

WisnuA Bit poster

Dear Sir,
    Thanks for the support .
    Already activated.

19. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

20. IsaacF

IsaacF Bit poster

Hi I'm trying to Activate parallels 10 on my Mac and keep getting a connection error: "Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. The operation failed due to a connection problem. Please try again later or contact the Parallels support team for assistance." My support code is 77866-19537. I tried rebooting and all of the other suggestions in here including running the prlsrvctl command from terminal. I think my license key needs to be reset like everyone else, could someone please do this for me?