How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello RussellL2, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

2. TJG2

TJG2 Bit poster

I am having the same issue. Could you please reset my Desktop 10 licenses? Thanks!
    -TJ

3. Hi TJG2. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac license key. Please try to activate now and if the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

4. TJG2

TJG2 Bit poster

Thanks! That fixed it.

5. You are welcome. Please post again for additional queries.

6. Kitbit

Kitbit Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem. I get the message "you have reached the maximum number of activations available...."......please fix this ....

7. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Kitbit, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

8. Raik

Raik Bit poster

Hello, AJ@Parallels could you please reset my parallels 10 license. Isn't there a smarter way to deactivate the old license before moving to a new computer?
    Thanks

9. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Raik. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command <><> prlsrvctl activate-license-online <><> inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

10. Paul18

Paul18 Bit poster

Hello, AJ@Parallels could you please reset my parallels 10 license.

11. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Paul18, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

12. Paul18

Paul18 Bit poster

I had to use the terminal command and it did work. Thank you for the quick response to my request.

13. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

14. ChristopherS14

ChristopherS14 Bit poster

Hello AJ@Parallels, I too am having this problem with my Parallels 10 license. Running 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' gives me the same message about being unable to activate, and 'prlsrvctl deactivate-license' tells me the type of license cannot be deactivated. Thanks so much for your help!

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

16. ChristopherS14

ChristopherS14 Bit poster

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

18. Michael46

Michael46 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am having the same issue "This license key is already registered". Could you please reset my Desktop 11 license? Thanks!

19. Hi Michael46. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac license key. Please try to activate now and it should work.

20. coleenf

coleenf Bit poster

I'm having the same problem after transferring to a new Mac. The error says I've run out of activations. My version is Parallels Desktop 10 fo Mac. Could you help me out?