Network Initialization Failed

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by StephenB13, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Good point, thank you for sharing this!

2. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

That's total BS MuratG. I just switched from VMware Fusion and have a paid PRO license of Parallels.

DaveInToronto and Kiki like this.
  3. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

You represent Parallels, and you're feeding into this BS? Seriously? You see my registration, go look up my license. Shame on you.

KenK14, UgurA and Kiki like this.
  4. MuratG

MuratG Bit poster

I don't know about PRO and Business licenses. I just shared what i experienced. I'm using standart version without any issues.

5. lalala

lalala Bit poster

6. tomb18

tomb18 Bit poster

In fact, we have already understood the problem is with the business version and not with the pro and standard versions!! So we are still waiting for a resolution of this problem, because a lot of people like me can't use Parallels for work since more than 2 month!!

7. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

I beg to differ, and stand to correct you sir, but I'm running the PRO version and have this issue. 16.1.1 was working fine in Catalina, but upon upgrade to Big Sur, immediately, with no other changes, I lost the ability to use my LAG because it doesn't even show up in the bridged networking options anymore. I'm using my wifi connection as a workaround for now, which sucks, but is my only bridged networking solution 'till Parallels fixes this issue. Again, PRO version, working fine in Catalina, but not working in Big Sur.

tomb18 likes this.
  8. OneT

OneT Bit poster

I'm running Pro too. I was running 16.0.1 prior to my BigSur upgrade. I have it on a Macbook Pro and a Mac Mini - SAME problem on both. Really frustrating as I bought version 16 knowing that 15 wouldn't work with BigSur!!! Come on Parallels team, what the hell?

9. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

Just reporting it's still a problem in Big Sur v11.1

10. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

No freaking way. RenatN, that did the trick! How did you figure this out? I have 2 forum posts going, an official Parallels support ticket open, been in communication with Parallels support on Facebook, and PARALLELS couldn't figure this out? Seriously? ALL of my bridged networking options are back, including my (bond 0), which I'm now successfully using again! Looks like the Parallels dev team has failed in implementing system extensions, and we still need to use kernel extensions until they figure it out. Thanks again RenatN.

11. Fernandod6

Fernandod6 Bit poster

THIS WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY......... Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2020
    PeterR11 likes this.
  12. RicardoF5

RicardoF5 Bit poster

It worked :)

If anybody has trouble changing the number to 0 you have to do it from terminal using the Control + (Letter) actions.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2020
  13. Pokono

Pokono Bit poster

I have a Pro license and I have the issue.. not quite a correct statement.

14. Hello, did you perform any w/a above?

15. Americanninja

Americanninja Bit poster

AMAZING! RenatN, you are the man! Somebody buy this guy a beer. And what is the deal with Parallels customer service. 11 pages of comments on this issue, no mention of the issue on their Big Sur issues page. This is pretty pathetic. But THANK YOU RenatN!!

Hu5k3 and MartinK25 like this.
  16. JonM11

JonM11 Bit poster

Two days ago Parallels was working with Big Sur 11.0. The Big Sur crashed and I had to re-install it, which was 11.1.
    I had to re-install Parallels as well and now have no network.

17. JonM11

JonM11 Bit poster

It says the network is disconnected.

Hu5k3 likes this.
  18. KostasS2

KostasS2 Bit poster

Hello, Network fix worked, but USB fix works only for storage devices in my system.

MartinK25 likes this.
  19. JohnD44

JohnD44 Member

Here is Parallels Support response. I did not try this, as I'm already using RenatN's fix and it's working. I hope Parallels now knows what the issue is and where to look, and the next version doesn't require any manual modifications in order to work properly. Oh, and I reported a bridged networking issue with a host link aggregation, but they call it "an internet issue". They're basically doing the same thing as RenatN's solution - loading the old KEXT (kernel extension) rather than the new system extension method, which everyone is going to have to migrate to as Apple will be disallowing KEXT loading in a future release. I hope Parallels figures out the system extension problems before then.

Thank you for contacting Parallels Support.
    This email is in reference to the issue that there is an internet issue within the Windows VM.

1. In terminal(Utilites > Terminal) execute below command:
    sudo kextload /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/Library/Extensions/10.9/prl_hypervisor.kext
    2. Go System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General. Click on "Allow" > Ok. Restart Host.
    3) If the issue still persists, please downgrade to a lower update and check if that helps.
    https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v16/16.0.1-48919/ParallelsDesktop-16.0.1-48919.dmg

If the issue is still present, please, collect an additional report (click Parallels icon || > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the two reports' 9-digit IDs in a reply to this letter, so we can analyze it further.

Thanks for your time and cooperation!

20. JonM11

JonM11 Bit poster

Thanks, I tried both the Terminal command and downgraded to 16.0.1 and it still doesn't work.
    Windows 10 says "network cable unplugged"