Reset license key in order to activate on new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JulienW1, Aug 31, 2017.

1. JulienW1

JulienW1 Bit poster

Hello support,
    could you please reset my license key so that I can re-activate it on a new MAC ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Julien

2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @JulienW1 We have made the necessary changes, please try to activate the Parallels Desktop followed by the below steps:

1. Quit Parallels Desktop.

2. Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app)

3. Execute the command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    Thanks, Shathish

3. AkiS1

AkiS1 Bit poster

Hello,

I have license for Parallels 11. My laptop has broken once, and now broke again, so I've had to throw in the hd always to new frame in order to continue. Parallels announces me that I have exceeded the times my license can be actives. Am I forced then to buy again a new license? I have no will to upgrade either because this version and everything is set for my use and don't really want to disturb working system.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AkiS1, we have reset the license key limit. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate the same key. Thanks!

5. AkiS1

AkiS1 Bit poster

Solved the problem! Thanks!

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AkiS1, good to know that it fixed the issue!

7. SamM14

SamM14 Bit poster

Dear Parallels. I purchased parallels 10 some years ago and subsequently paid for the upgrade to parallels 11. My Mac mini has now died and I've purchased a, new to me, replacement Mac. Is there a way to reactivate my Parallels 10 and 11 upgrade for use on my new mac as when I try to use my license key I am told I have reached the maximum number of activations

8. JoshuaD4

JoshuaD4 Bit poster

I had to reinstall my os multiple times. Can you reset my license key for parallels 8

9. Hello, please check the issue.
    We've made some changes of your key

10. Done, please check the issue.

11. ParallelsU130

ParallelsU130 Member

I'VE POSTED WITH THE SAME ISSUE. WHY HAVEN'T YOU REPLIED "MARIA"?

12. comG

comG Bit poster

Yes I have the same issue. Parallels 13 and says the specified video memory size is invalid and that I need to change it but I can't because I have the yellow banner that wont let me change anything. Says to resume video then exit, but I can't watch the video its still suspended

13. AnaNY

AnaNY Bit poster

i am having the same issue. it's quite frustrating. can someone please help me?

14. sandifop

sandifop Junior Member

Same issue. I have a Pro license. Sold my old Mac computer and wiped it before delivery so I know Parallels isn't being used on my license. Installed it on my current Mac, tried to launch and got a new circle of Hell saying I've reached my activation limit.

Why all the hostility? I didn't notice any issues taking my money this year.

Attached Files:

ParallelsU130 likes this.
  15. PiotrL

PiotrL Bit poster

Parallels Desktop for Mac Subscription License Keys (2)
    Hello, I have a problem with activating Parallels on the new MacBook Pro M1, I get a message that the activation limit has been reached. On the iMac, only the problem is with the M1

16. Hi, does the issue still persist?
    If yes, could you provide us with your license key via the private message please?

17. Hi, we've made some changes with your key, please check the issue.

18. Hello, please sorry for the inconvenience caused, I didn't find any license key associated with your account cem.ri***@gmail.com
    Could you provide us with your license key via the private message please?

19. Hello, could you provide us with the screenshot of the issue please?

20. Hello,
    we've checked your account ariana*****@gmail.com and found only Parallels Toolbox license key.
    Would you like to transfer your Parallels Toolbox license to the new Mac?