Trackpad scrolling is too fast and frequently uncontrollable...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by viola, Jan 11, 2019.

1. PaoloT1

PaoloT1 Member

I'm on PD 17, hosted in Mac Mojave. The Mac's touchpad, in a host Mac Sierra, is not as smooth as expected, and behaves much like in the video at the beginning of this thread. It works great in the host system, but it is not smooth, instead nearly stuttering in the client Mac.
    No game optimization, and tried all the Trackpad and Accessibility settings in the client Mac.
    Paolo

2. sanbasan

sanbasan Bit poster

This method worked perfectly for me.
    Scrolling was very fast in all apps in the VM, including Firefox, but it became normal speed.

Host Machine: Mac Book Pro 13-inch, 2020, Four
    Parallels Desktop Version: 18.2.0 (53488)
    VM: Ubuntu 22.04.2

3. sanbasan

sanbasan Bit poster

I forgot to mention the Host OS version and Parallels Desktop edition.

Host OS Version: mac OS Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)
    Parallels Desktop: Standard Edition

4. ArielS4

ArielS4 Bit poster

Hi. Maybe this can help?

5. PaoloT1

PaoloT1 Member

Thank you, but I see that I have it already set to "1". This probably mean that I already tried this solution, but apparently without any success.
    I have to say that scrolling with the trackpad is not particularly smooth even with InDesign running in a non-emulated Mac, so the issue is probably amplified by the slower interface in the virtual machine.
    Paolo

6. oraclejavanet

oraclejavanet Bit poster

The erratic/fast mouse behavior has been an issue for years! Why hasn't this been addressed by Parallels? This is why I haven't renewed my 5 subscriptions. Until Parallels can provide a fix to this, I will not renew.

7. PaoloT1

PaoloT1 Member

I've noticed that the trackpad stuttering issue is very evident in Coherence mode, but not when the client virtual Mac is in a separate window. Scrolling is reasonably good there. And this with InDesign CS6, that is stuttering even when run natively.
    So, I'm switching from working in Coherence to running the virtual Mac in a full window.
    Paolo