how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. _DaS_

_DaS_ Bit poster

Hello, I have the same problem licensing on a newer Mac. Can my Parallels license be reset please?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    Note: If you are using Sierra or latest macOS X version, I suggest you purchase Parallels Desktop 14 and use.

3. JasonK12

JasonK12 Bit poster

I am having the same problem, can my key be reset?

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @JasonK12, can you please check out your personal message and reply?

5. MarcinB2

MarcinB2 Bit poster

@Ajith@Parallels
    Hello, I have the same problem with Parallels Desktop 10 activation. May I ask for license reset, please?

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @MarcinB2, we have reset the license key limit. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate with the same key. If the issue persists, please try the below steps to activate it: 1.Please navigate through Apple menu> Application> Terminal. 2. Execute this command : prlsrvctl activate-license-online

7. MarcinB2

MarcinB2 Bit poster

Thank you.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You are welcome. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

9. TomasP2

TomasP2 Bit poster

Hello, I need to use my PD10 on my new Sierra computer. However, the installation reports - "Failed to activate the license: You can not confirm the product license. license. " The old Sierra computer will sell. But I do not want to buy a new PD14. Please help me.

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @TomasP2, Parallels Desktop 10 is not supported on macOS Sierra officially. Would you still need to reset the activation key and try it on a new Sierra computer?

11. TomasP2

TomasP2 Bit poster

Hello, thank you for your answer.
    Yes, please reset my activation key.
    Thank you. Tomas

12. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello TomasP2, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

13. TomasP2

TomasP2 Bit poster

Hello,

thank you very much, PD 10 already work on a new mac. Tomas

14. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

15. PaulT10

PaulT10 Bit poster

Hello Parallels,
    I am in the same boat as the other users with my copy of Parallels Desktop 8.

For what it's worth, I have attempted to do the Uninstall in Support Article ID 124255, but I was unsuccessful. I tried to do it through the computer that is running Parallels, but I had installed that software twice on that machine (not separate partitions simultaneously, but on the same machine at different times) and the option to go into the "Account and License" section (Article ID: 123461) wasn't there; it probably appeared on your server as previously activated.

So basically, I no longer have access to the installation of PD8 which would allow me to deactivate based on your company's instructions and therefore would really appreciate it if my license key could be reset as for the other users.

Regards,
    Paul

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

17. PaulT10

PaulT10 Bit poster

That did it, thanks!

18. You are welcome. Nice to know that it works now. Please post again for any additional queries.

19. WilliamD5

WilliamD5 Bit poster

Hello Parallels,
    My old Mac with Parallels 14 is not able to access the internet anymore. I bought a new Mac and I need to reset my account so that I can upload Parallels 14 to the new one. I tried to deactivate my account but it wouldn't work. I have an annual subscription. Please let me know what I need to do to accomplish this.

20. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello WilliamD5, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly restart the Mac and try to activate it.