Parallels 9- Can't get trial version

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Lukasz_, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daffa

daffa Bit poster

Hi,
    I am trying to test Parallels 9 first, so I click "download trial" in the Parallels Desktop activation menu, then I type in name, e-mail and country, again "download trial" and that's when a pops-up a window stating that there is internet connection problem. Internet works properly an I do not have any firewalls switched on. Does anyone know hot to deal with it?

I'm using OSX 10.9.5

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello daffa,

Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac is the latest version of Parallels Desktop.
    It is not possible to try Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac Trial at this time.
    Please try 14 days Trial version of our latest product : http://kb.parallels.com/122644

3. Dave_McBride

Dave_McBride Bit poster

Hi, I have a trial version of Parallels 9 running on 10.6.8 - my trial finished on Friday so I tried to activate a new one today to finish publishing a job but have found the 'Won't work offline' issue despite being connected to the internet. I've checked my hosts and run the PDFM.zip file, neither of which have worked. Is there any chance I can get a trial activation key asap?

I will be upgrading the computer to Mavericks and purchasing Parallels 10 after this job is complete (see support ticket #1977994 - I tried to give you money on day 1!) but right now I just really need to publish this one job without having to upgrade the OS, set up a new virtual machine, and all associated software installed on it.

4. Dave_McBride

Dave_McBride Bit poster

I do realise that you're not supporting 9 now as well, but I'm hoping you can stretch to this one. It says that the trial has been activated, there's just some bug at work as far as I can tell. I really did try and give you money, and I will as soon as I can update the OS without risking production processes!

5. Fahad_Hussain

Fahad_Hussain Bit poster

I have downloaded version 10 and facing the same problem. Giving network error. Please help

6. Kent_Chou

Kent_Chou Bit poster

i've the same problem, installed latest v9 - 9.0.24251 - i need a trial code. please send it to me.

7. ConorH

ConorH Bit poster

Hi There,
    I am having the same problem also.

@andrew, do you think you could send me a trial code also please?
    Thanks,
    Conor

8. Ed_

Ed_ Bit poster

Hi,

Just downloaded the latest version and everytime that i try to get a trial version a message pops up saying that i don't have an internet connection. Which is false as I'm writing here right now.

I'm running OS 10.10.2

thanks
    Ed

Attached Files:

9. LeiverE

LeiverE Bit poster

Hello guys...
    It seems this is a known issue, which by the way, I'm facing too...
    Anyway you can send me the Trial Code in a private message as well ?

10. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

11. cokad

cokad Bit poster

Hello,
    I can't seem to get the trial version either?!!

12. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi cokad,

I have sent you a private message. Please check it.

13. dhirajm

dhirajm Bit poster

I am too getting the network problem, saying check your internet connection and try again? whats the problem?

14. @dhirajm please try the following steps:

1. Disconnect your Mac from the Internet (there should be no connection to the Internet or any other networks).
    2. Start Parallels Desktop installation: double-click on installation image file in ~/Users//Downloads
    3. You should have Activation wizard:

4. Enter your Activation key
    5. Copy Activation ID

6. Connect your computer to the Internet and insert Activation ID to web page: http://activatepd.parallels.com/

15. Eddi

Eddi Bit poster

Hi Mr. Andrew,

I encountered same problem too, unable to request a trial key..

Please kindly advice me. Your time and efforts will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

16. Hi @Eddi,
    Please check your inbox.

17. Ronaldv1

Ronaldv1 Bit poster

Update: Get Trial button works today, no need for another key.

Facing the same error message "Unable to request a trial Key" while being online and no custom entries in hosts-file.
    Could I get a trial key please?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  18. ShawnS1

ShawnS1 Bit poster

Same here. Please send trial key.

19. TomK2

TomK2 Bit poster

Hello, I have snow leopard and get the same internet connection problem when requesting trial key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.