Can't connect to Internet on windows side using parallels!!!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ANON, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

As I see on the screenshot in VM, at least pings are working. Please describe the problem in details. May be you should try another browser or if you environment requires proxy, you should configure it the same way as on Mac

2. biggulz

biggulz Bit poster

No Internet access

I executed the update for Lion -- OS X 10.8.1 (12B19) –– and now have no internet connectivity on the Windows side. First time this has happened to me since i started using parallels 7. I followed the instructions located at http://kb.parallels.com/en/8978 and nothing there worked (including reloading tools) and have now filed problem report 17511741.

Can you walk me through what I should do now?

Nevermind.....I found the answer! It is a McAfee bug. Re-boot windows into Safe Mode then Go to http://mvt.mcafee.com. Run Autofix and update the Def file and your done. Wasted too much time on this. I check the Dell Support and they also had this solution. http://support.dell.com/support/top...s/document?c=us&cs=19&docid=576372&l=en&s=dhs

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  3. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

4. SurfWebDesign

SurfWebDesign Bit poster

No wirerless connection windows 7

I am having the same issue. No wireless connection in Windows 7. Works fine on the mac / Safari / google.
    Using Lion
    Tried "sudo killall -hup pvsnatd" and also tried bridging but not working. Just bought the mac and installed parallels desktop 8

Attached Files:

5. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

hi, seems that you meet a issue with bug in the old version of third-party service "bonjour". take a look into http://kb.parallels.com/en/112528

6. SurfWebDesign

SurfWebDesign Bit poster

**Solved**

Thank you very much Elric. It is now working. "Bonjour Services" was the problem
    For anyone wanting more info
    Windows 7 click windows icon (no start like XP) and type run and open run
    Type "Services.msc" and click OK
    On the wierd "##_string....." right click on it and select properties.
    Change Start-up type to "disabled"
    Close and restart windows 7
    Wireless internet now working in Parallells Desktop 8 / Windows 7
    **SOLVED**
    Just for the record I do have Adobe CS3 Master Collection installed on Windows 7 like the article said. It must have installed Bonjour along with it and messup up my wireless internet.

7. jthakwvu

jthakwvu Bit poster

Hey Elric, ID is 18495759

8. MarkH1

MarkH1 Bit poster

wireless connection stopped working

I'm pretty sure I've tried most of the recommendations on this thread, but still no connection.
    my report # 19161359

9. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Interesting. Never seen issues like that. I can suggest a WebEx session. I'm available 11AM-18PM GMT, the session will take about 30-60 minutes. Please send me you email-address via forum's private messages if you agree.

10. WesOne

WesOne Bit poster

Re: The post about "SOLVED"

where you have to Run a search for Bonjour in services with this helpful instruction "3. Find a service with a strange name"....could it be a little more vague, perhaps search for the file called that thing maybe. I mean wtf we are supposed to be looking for? MOST of the services have strange names!
    I have zero on my Mac called Bonjour and still cant connect to the internet I'm thinking of going back to an older version of Parallels when I didnt have a problem!

11. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Wes, are you sure that you have problem with bonjour? please do the next:

make sure that you are using Shared Networking. Then click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that all output fits to the window). Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Destkop menu "Help"->"Report a Problem", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.

12. RaymanG

RaymanG Bit poster

Network driver not found any more?

I just updated Parallels 7, and no longer have a network connection. I also upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 (32 bit). I've tried the things on this page... no luck. Seems to be a common problem...

Report ID number 19372360

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  13. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, reinstall of Parallels Tools should help in your case. They are lost at upgrade from XP to Win7.

14. PabloK

PabloK Bit poster

Hi I can't connect on my Win 7 VM.
    Report ID 23698376

15. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    Strange, at the first look I didn't see issues in the problem-report. Could you please describe sympthoms?
    1) Do you able to connect in Internet Explorer?
    2) please try to execute in cmd.exe command "ping www.google.com". Does it works?

16. PabloK

PabloK Bit poster

Hi Eric, thanks for your answer.
    1) I can't connect with IE or any other browser.
    2) If I ping www.google.com I get a response. Screen shot 2013-04-03 at 8.09.08 AM.png

I had Parallels 6 working fine a week ago. With my Win 7 VM opened my MAC run out of battery. When I plugged it my Windows wasn't connecting anymore.
    I tried everything on the KB, reinstalled Parallels and now updated to Parallels 8, but nothing seems to work. I don't want to loose my VM...

Let me know your thoughts.
    Thanks!!

17. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Check to see if you have a proxy configured in IE.

18. PabloK

PabloK Bit poster

Hi! Thanks for your help!
    There "Use a Proxy" setting was checked in the LAN settings of IE. That's very strange as I never modified that!
    Anyways I've got my connection back :)

19. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

No problem, mate, glad I could help.

Elric, I've notice the network troubleshooting kb doesn't mention the possible proxy problem, I've seen at least two cases of users having network problems that were related to misconfigurations in the proxy settings.

20. SANovy

SANovy Bit poster

Similar Problem

I am having a similar problem connecting to the internet.
    I am running Parallels 5 and Windows 7.
    I tried the Terminal commands, which did not work.
    I also tried getting to the Configuration editor, but couldn't.

Thanks