Can't connect to Internet on windows side using parallels!!!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ANON, Feb 12, 2008.

1. TiffanyS

TiffanyS Bit poster

Report id: 8503355

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, The version you are running (4.0.3522.205957) is too old, it was released many monthes before SnowLeopard. You definitely need to download and install the latest build of Parallels Desktop 4.0. The link for the latest build can be found here: http://kb.parallels.com/en/5802

3. ErikDumard

ErikDumard Bit poster

Hi Guys, I had the same problems and I already send the report.
    Find the report ID: 10261135

Thanks for your help.

4. ErikDumard

ErikDumard Bit poster

I want to buy it, but needs work before.

Hi Guys, I had the same problems and I already send the report.
    Find the report ID: 10261135

Thanks for your help.

5. AmbroseL

AmbroseL Bit poster

Report ID: 10272050

6. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi
    sorry for the late reply, we had maintanence on the reports-server.
    not all configuration information is visible, but I don't see any problem in networking in the report. If you want, we can schedule a remote session to your computer and look at directly.

Send me you email and acceptable timeframe for the session if you want via forum's private messages. My time is 10.00-18.00GMT

7. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    I've never seen anything like this before. Please try the following (steps are taken from Microsoft). If this doesn't help, we can do a session (see my message above).

8. Jamie P

Jamie P Bit poster

Mac OSX Lion, Windows 7 - Internet not working on Windows

Hi
    Here is my report number 10766757.
    IPv4 has internet. IPv6 isn't working.

The internet was working until I added an admin user account on Mac OSX and opened Parallels with it and booted the same Windows 7 drive and logged in as the same user (on Windows).
    I've tried restarting, and tried accessing the internet from both Mac logins but no success.

I tried this walkthrough http://kb.parallels.com/en/8865 but the driver has no errors.

Thanks.

Jamie P

9. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, seems that you've met the common problem with bonjour-service (it happens on real windows machines also). Try this http://kb.parallels.com/en/112528

10. Jamie P

Jamie P Bit poster

11. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

No Network in my VM - Default Gateway is 0.0.0.0
    Article ID: 112528
    Last Review: Oct, 14 2011
    Symptoms
    Default Gateway on my virtual machine equals 0.0.0.0. As a result, network does not work inside it.

Cause
    This is a known incompatibility issue between Microsoft's Windows OS and old version of Bonjour service. This old version could came from for example Adobe CS3 (CS4 should have this problem solved), old version of iTunes or with another application

The Default Gateway may have been set to 0.0.0.0 on a Windows Vista-based or later OS running Apple’s Bonjour service
    Resolution
    To fix it, please disable Bonjour service in your virtual machine:

1. Go to Start > Run
    2. Type Services.msc and hit Enter
    3. Find a service with a strange name, e.g.

[​IMG]

4. Stop the service and change its Startup type to Disabled.

5. Reboot your virtual machine.

12. MitchellG

MitchellG Bit poster

I have been having similar issues connecting to the internet with IE8. I am running Parrallels 7, Windows 7 on an iMac with 10.6.8 with 4GB of RAM. Will the command line, Stacey proposed back in 2008, work for me or is there another solution?

13. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

likely ther will not.

please make sure that you are using Shared Networking. Then click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that all output fits to the window). Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Destkop menu "Help"->"Report a Problem", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.

14. MitchellG

MitchellG Bit poster

I have gone in and clicked Shared Networking but now cannot boot the virtual machine. I keep getting an error message "There is no operating system installed on this virtual machine. ..." I was originally set up as a Bridged Network/Ethernet. Now when I go back to that setting I get the same error message. I am totally shut down on the virtual side.

15. PaolaR

PaolaR Bit poster

Hi, same problem here. Report ID: 16916573

16. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, it is strange. I don't see any issues in the report - all stats looks ok for me.

Please execute from cmd.exe the next three commands

ping 10.211.55.1
    ping www.apple.com
    ping 92.123.149.15

and post here results.

17. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

I need output of the commands

18. MitchellG

MitchellG Bit poster

this is Mitchell and I typed the commands outlined above. Here are my results:

All three are 100% fails

REquest timed out. (4x)
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100%)

19. PaolaR

PaolaR Bit poster

Hi Elric, the new ID is 16926257. Still not connecting to Internet from VM

20. PaolaR

PaolaR Bit poster

Hi again. I saw that Internet Explorer was saying "detecting proxy" so I went into Internet Properties and learned that Windows said I was already connected to the Internet, so I thought I could download Firefox and try with another browser. It worked. I don't know why Internet Explorer is not giving me access to browse, but at least I can now use the connection on the VM. If you happen to know how to solve the Internet Explorer issue, I will appreciate your help. There are still some pages that need to be used with IE (can you believe that? haha). Thanks.