Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

2. BenjaminS8

BenjaminS8 Bit poster

I also have this issue. I deactivated properly as per instructions on one Mac and my second Mac still claims the license key is not available. Please help.

3. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello BenjaminS8, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

BenjaminS8 likes this.
  4. BenjaminS8

BenjaminS8 Bit poster

It works! Thank you so much.

5. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

6. JeffW6

JeffW6 Bit poster

I am having the exact same issue with my parallels desktop 11 license. Tried to activate it in a new macbook (couldn't find a way to deactivate in the old macbook), but it says maximum activation has reached. Looks like some reset is needed from you end. Please help!

7. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello JeffW6, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

8. LoganK1

LoganK1 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue with my Parallels Desktop 11 license.

9. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello LoganK1, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

10. ChristophB4

ChristophB4 Bit poster

Good evening,
    just run into the same problem with my Parallels 10 license after changing my MacBook a second time due to hardware problems:
    maxim number of activations reached....
    Can you please help?

Thanks in advance

CB

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

12. ChristophB4

ChristophB4 Bit poster

Great!!!!
    Really many thanks, after excuting the terminal command everything works

That is a really fast support!!!!!

Many thanks again Ajith!

13. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

14. ManishT

ManishT Bit poster

Hi there!

I'll jump on the band wagon here. I'm getting this error message and I'm unable to manually deactivate it because I no longer have access to my old Mac. Can you reset my license for Parallels 10? Thank you.

15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @ManishT, we have reset the license key limit. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate with the same key. If the issue persists, please try the below steps to activate it: 1.Please navigate through Apple menu> Application> Terminal. 2. Execute this command : prlsrvctl activate-license-online

ManishT likes this.
  16. ChartonS

ChartonS Bit poster

I am also experiencing the same issue, just upgraded to a new macbook pro. How can I get my license reset?

17. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello ChartonS, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

18. PetraE

PetraE Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to deactivate license from one Mac to use on a different Mac.

19. Hi PetraE. We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online > and try with the activation.

20. HuyH2

HuyH2 Bit poster

Hello, I'm having a similar issue where I cannot logout of parallels desktop on my old mac to activate it on my new mac. It keeps saying that there is no internet connection even though every other application (chrome, etc.) is connected. Can you please reset my key so I can activate it on my new machine. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files: