Need to move license for parallels desktop 10 to new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ppobozy, Aug 7, 2017.

1. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello RobertB27, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

2. StevenCa

StevenCa Bit poster

I have been unable to associate the license key for my Parallels 14 Pro subscription to my account. My account reflects the expiration date of my subscription but it always asks me to enter the license key when I try to view it. In addition to this I have a new macbook and I need to transfer it to the new one. It keeps saying the key is associated with another account/email. Which it is not as my original computer updated to a year later expiration date when we renewed our subscription. I only have a few days left on my trial for my new computer so I must get this resolved asap please!

3. kelvinc4

kelvinc4 Bit poster

Hello, I also have a legacy license that I had installed on an older Mac. Please Kindly assist.

4. Hi kelvinc4. Please try to activate the same license on new Mac and reply with the screenshot of the error message (if any) that you receive during the activation.

5. kelvinc4

kelvinc4 Bit poster

I get the following. Thank you.

Attached Files:

6. KennyT

KennyT Bit poster

Hi - I need help with this too. Installing parallels on my new computer.

Thx,

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Note: If you are using High Sierra or above Parallels Desktop 10 is not compatible with it.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your Parallels Desktop 13 key. You can activate it again.

9. KennyT

KennyT Bit poster

Still getting the error after clicking "activate on this mac" of "The license key is associated with another parallels account. Please sign in using this account and try again"

I restarted parallels and tried to enter my key. I then quit, then ran the thing in the terminal and restarted. No luck.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Use your another Parallels Account email during sign in and activate. You have to use your Gmail as the activation key is registered with it.

11. KennyT

KennyT Bit poster

I dont know what that means. I only have 1 email acct. I jsut created another new email acct and tried to use the same key but won't work either.

Edit: Nvm worked, I'm a noob. thx.

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are happy to hear that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

13. Nentwich

Nentwich Bit poster

My iMac was broken, restored anything from Timemachine to a new purchased One. So i can´t deactivate my Parallels License on the old One.
    How to reset the Licens-Counter anyway ?

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We can only see Parallels Desktop 8 in your account. May I know the macOS version you have?

15. Nentwich

Nentwich Bit poster

Os Version is 10.12.6. I´ve purchased this Mac in 2013 + Parallels 8, to run a German Windows-Accounting-Software and until now, over every MacOs-Update Parallels 8 runs flawless.

16. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Nentwich, Parallels Desktop 8 is a very old version and it is not compatible with mac OS 10.12.6, you can purchase Parallels desktop 14 for mac full version and install it.

17. Nentwich

Nentwich Bit poster

But, Parallels 8 ist is running on my old Mac, until he died.

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

It might be running as it was installed before updating the macOS but you cannot install in a new macOS X.

19. AnaisM

AnaisM Bit poster

Hi Ajith, how can I send you a private message ? You answered me on Messenger 30min ago then nothing. Could you please help me for my bug on Windows which is blocked at my previous session ?
    Thanks in advance :)

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can share us the issue here or contact us directly on Facebook. If we need a sensitive information, then we will initiate a private message.