Need to move license for parallels desktop 10 to new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by ppobozy, Aug 7, 2017.

1. VITIPON

VITIPON

Hello, We have migrated our computer on a new one and we can't activate our PD 10. Can you help us ?
    Thanks.

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels Staff Member

Hello VITIPON, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

3. RicardoF4

RicardoF4

Hi Support.

I've moved computers and I have no longer access to my previous version of Parallels desktop that I had installed.
    When I try to migrate my licence shows the message "unable to confirm the product licence. you have reached the maximum number of activations avaiable for your activation key. please purchase a new product licence.

I've also tried the terminal command and gives me exactly the same message. can you please reset the activations?

Thanks

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @RicardoF4 , We have made the necessary changes to your Parallels Desktop for Mac license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

5. marcs10

marcs10 Bit Poster

Hi support,

Unfortunately my laptop was stolen and need to install parallels on my new one. Please can you reset my license activation?
    Thank you

6. AJ@Parallels

Hello marcs10, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

7. FerozC

FerozC Bit Poster

:(Hi @AJ,

firstly, amazing support from this team, 100% of the threads i've read have been resolved by you and your team.
    AJ, my mac was stolen about 4 weeks ago, i'm busy purchasing a new one. unfortunately, doing such, i can't afford to buy another parallels license. Is it perhaps possible to cancel parallels on that laptop and download and activate it on my new mac? please, you'll be saving me a lot of money.

8. FerozC

FerozC Bit Poster

:(Hi @AJ,

firstly, amazing support from this team, 100% of the threads i've read have been resolved by you and your team.
    AJ, my mac was stolen about 4 weeks ago, i'm busy purchasing a new one. unfortunately, doing such, i can't afford to buy another parallels license. Is it perhaps possible to cancel parallels on that laptop and download and activate it on my new mac? please, you'll be saving me a lot of money

9. AJ@Parallels

Hello FerozC, You have Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac, you can download it in your new Mac < www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12 > and install it. You can also move the Windows virtual machine to your new Mac with all your files and programs ( refer to https://bit.ly/2jv3Hhz for assistance )

10. JonathanA4

JonathanA4 Bit Poster

Hello,
    Like so many others I am attempting to activate parallels on a new computer. I no longer have access to the old computer. I tried the steps shown on https://kb.parallels.com/123958, but they do not work - I get the message "Unable to confirm the product license - You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."
    Please deactivate my old license so I can activate on my new computer. Thank you.

11. AJ@Parallels

Hello JonathanA4, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

12. RalfP1

RalfP1 Bit Poster

Hello Paralles team, I moved my parallels 10 to a new machine. It won't let me use it, though. Can you please re-activate it for my new Mac, or send me the right key? Thanks, Ralf

13. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello RalfP1. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command <><> prlsrvctl activate-license-online <><> inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

14. RalfP1

RalfP1 Bit Poster

Thanks, Hemnath, it worked ;-)

15. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

You are welcome! Please reach out again for any additional queries.

16. HarshL

HarshL Bit Poster

I sold my Mac and bought a new one but I get this message that I have reached activation limit. Can you please reset my license so I can install parallels on my new Mac.

17. AJ@Parallels

Hello HarshL, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it.

18. CodyA

CodyA Bit Poster

having the same problem here to, removed from the other machine signed out and still cannot activate please help

19. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @CodyA , We have made the necessary changes to your Parallels Desktop for Mac license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >

20. KennyT

KennyT Bit Poster

EDIT: nevermind

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018