How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. FrancesS

FrancesS Bit poster

I need to have my license for Parallels 10 removed from my old machine so I can activate it on my new one.

2. Hi, please check this KB article and move your Parallels Desktop license to new Mac.
    Also, we've made necessary changes with your key and you will be able to reactivate it.

3. PaulD11

PaulD11 Bit poster

How do I log out of parallels 10 on my mac to transfer license to new one? It does give me onion to sign out as described in KB.

4. Hi, we've changed some internal settings of you key. Please try to activate it on your new Mac

5. patc3

patc3 Bit poster

Hello. Same problem here as everyone else. Parallels 10. Trying to move it from one computer to another. No option to do so as described in KB.
    Thanks.

6. Hi, your key has been reset, please check.

7. patc3

patc3 Bit poster

thank you for your reply. unfortunately i am still getting:
    'You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.' on the new compjuter i'm trying to activate on.
    do i have to completely uninstall parallels 10 from the old computer?

8. patc3

patc3 Bit poster

Additional information. When i tried opening parallesl 10 from the OLD computer - one that should have been deactivated, it still says "this is an activated product". Both OLD and NEW computers have full access to the internet. Please help.

9. Please follow the below steps to activate your Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.
    1) Open Terminal (Finder --> Applications --> Utilities --> Terminal.app)
    2) Execute the command:
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    3) Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.

10. patc3

patc3 Bit poster

I got this in the terminal.

"Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. The operation failed due to a connection problem. Please try again later or contact the Parallels support team for assistance."

I have full access to the internet. Parallels.com is accessible from a browser, so is this forum. DNS issue? I can't tell because there are no additional details on the endpoint it is trying to connect to. Please help.

11. Please check your inbox for more info

12. Jared~_~

Jared~_~ Bit poster

I have same issue to move my PD v10 license to another Mac. I can not deactivate it as shown on KB 123958. I think it does not working on v10.

13. Hi, your key has been deactivated, please check the issue.

14. Jared~_~

Jared~_~ Bit poster

Hi Maria, I still got error in my new Mac.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2019
  15. MischaK

MischaK Bit poster

I have same problem.
    Can't deactivate on old mac.
    Can't activate on new mac.
    Terminal-Comand didn't work.
    Can you please reset our product-key?

16. Hi MischaK. We have reset the license. Please use the terminal command once again and activate the product.

MischaK likes this.
  17. julienjut

julienjut Bit poster

I have the same problem. Please help me to reset my product-key.

18. Done, check the issue please

19. berryj

berryj Bit poster

There are too many tools are available to solve this issue, so you can simply google about it.