how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. TimmW1

TimmW1 Bit poster

Hi,

I changed from a 2018 MBP to a 2020 MBP and can't reinstall parallels. If i try to use the license i got a message like the license was already activated on other mac. After deciding to activate only on this mac i got a message that this serial number is used for a other account. Could you help? I don't remind that i have a other account.

2. TimmW1

TimmW1 Bit poster

Anyone who can help? I need parallels urgent. Thanks!

3. Hello, unfortunately we cannot find any key at your Parallels Account t.wosz****@gmail.com
    Did you use another email for the key registration?

4. TimmW1

TimmW1 Bit poster

Hi Maria, i dont remember that, but it seems like that. Can i send you via PM the key?

5. Sure, please reply on mine PM with your key

6. I've changed internal settings of your key. Please try to activate.

7. TimmW1

TimmW1 Bit poster

Thanks Maria! It was my failure with a wrong email address. Thanks for the fast support. :)

LesleyD and Maria@Parallels like this.
  8. RogerT2

RogerT2 Bit poster

I also wish to transfer my license for parallels from this old mac mini to the new one we got for our department.

9. Hello, unfortunately we didn't find any key at your Parallels Account rt**g@in****edia.net
    Please share your license key with us via the private message

10. PavelL2

PavelL2 Bit poster

I have the same issues. I have parallels on another machine (for which the license successfully transferred some time back). I have upgraded to a new Mac and need to transfer the license again, but I don't get the button to transfer the license. All I get is to buy a new license or try for 14 days. No where I can see where is the button to transfer the license.

11. Hello Pavel, we've made some changes with your key, please restart your Mac and Parallels Desktop and check the issue.

12. PavelL2

PavelL2 Bit poster

Still have the same issue. I dont get a choice to transfer. Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 12.54.47 PM.png

13. Please share with me your key via the private message.

14. SquoysterC

SquoysterC Bit poster

@Maria@Parallels I have the same issue. I cannot transfer my license to a new machine. I also cannot deactivate it on the old machine.

Thanks.

15. Hello,
    we've reset your license key, please check the issue.

SquoysterC likes this.
  16. SquoysterC

SquoysterC Bit poster

Thank you. That and the command line activation solved the problem. Much appreciated.

satishG and Maria@Parallels like this.
  17. MannyR1

MannyR1 Bit poster

Hello I'm having the same issue where I can't use my key to activate parallels on my new Macbook. I don't see anywhere to transfer the activation code and I don't have access to my old Macbook. Please help

18. DonnaDee

DonnaDee Bit poster

I had Parallels 13.0, but my Mac died, so I am trying to install on my new Mac Pro Tower. I need the 13 download. I have the activation code for the 13, but when I go to my account online at Parallels.com and log in, it only shows version 15 for download, which the old activation code won't work for it. How can I get this loaded onto my new computer? I will gladly upgrade to 15, but don't want to pay for a new version, since I had the 13 originally. Any ideas, tips, helps greatly appreciated.

19. HarryS8

HarryS8 Bit poster

Hi, I am having also the problem: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key." My last activation was on a computer where I signed out and uninstalled the software.
    The terminal command on the new computer:
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    returns:
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. Please activate the product first.
    Which I can not of course
    Thanks in advance

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Your Parallels Desktop 11 key is reset. You can try to activate it again.