how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can click on this link and download Parallels Desktop 13 but if you are going to use it in macOS X Catalina, it might not work.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have deactivated the license on the old Mac. You can try to activate it on the new Mac.

3. J.G2

J.G2 Bit poster

Hello. My I have got new motherboard after hardware fail and can not activate Parallels. I see no way how to deactivate the previous activation. Please help.

4. Hello, we've reset your Parallels Desktop 11 key, please try to activate and share any results with us.

J.G2 likes this.
  5. J.G2

J.G2 Bit poster

Great! It works. Maria , thank you.

6. JanC5

JanC5 Bit poster

I have a problem - when I use winows desktop in parallels and than open for example an excel file or my Windows Live mail, all parallels desktop suddenly freezes, then I have to restart parallels desktop for a long time, disk scan is running, it takes more than an hour or more to switch parallels on again - this problem persists, so i replaced my iMac with a new one, the problem keeps recurring. Can anyone please advise me? thx

7. Hello, what are your Parallels Desktop and macOS versions? Also what is the OS of your virtual machine?

8. JanC5

JanC5 Bit poster

Hi Maria, my Parallels Desktop is 15 for Mac Pro Edition Verze 15.1.4 (47270), macOS Catalina Verze 10.15.4, OS of my virtual machine is Windows 7 Home Premium. Thx.

9. Do you have this issue with Microsoft applications only? Or with other apps too?
    Please try the selective startup and let us know how does it work.

10. NickH4

NickH4 Bit poster

Hi, I'm trying to activate my Parallels 13 software on a new Mac and I'm getting the
    "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies." error. It won't let me deactivate the copy on my old machine and I have no access to manually sign out. Can you help?

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your Parallels Desktop 13 activation key. You can use it again.

12. MatthiasB4

MatthiasB4 Bit poster

I have the same problem as everyone else that I can't find a way to deactivate my license on my old macbook in order to move to a new one. Could you please fix that for me an deactivate my old license.

13. Hi MatthiasB4. We have reset the version 10 license. Please follow the below steps to activate your Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.

1) Open Terminal (Finder --> Applications --> Utilities --> Terminal.app)

2) Execute the command:

prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3) Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.

14. MatthiasB4

MatthiasB4 Bit poster

I get this in Terminal ... and it still doesn't work.

Unknown action: activate-license-online

This is so frustrating especially since I pay a subscription every year and every time I switch my macbook it's the same frustrating process that ends up me sending emails to the support... please fix this!

15. MatthiasB4

MatthiasB4 Bit poster

Could you please try to reset my license key from Parallels 9...

16. MatthiasB11

MatthiasB11 Bit poster

I seems i have used the wrong account. Could you please reset my license from this account?

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Note: Parallels Desktop 10 is not compatible with Sierra or newer macOS X versions.

18. MatthiasB11

MatthiasB11 Bit poster

It is still not working... "Diese Lizenz hat das Aktivierungslimit erreicht und kann nicht mehr zur Aktivierung neuer Produktkopien verwendet werden" the Terminal says
    "Unknown action: activate-license-online"
    I'm using Parallels 15

19. Hello, we've reset your license key, please check the issue and let us know how does it work for you.

20. DigitalO

DigitalO Bit poster

Hi, I'm trying to activate my Parallels 13 software on a new Mac and I'm getting the
    "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies." error. It won't let me deactivate the copy on my old machine and I have no access to manually sign out. Can you help?