don montalvo
Hunter
chrisdressler said:I've installed Parallels Build 3106 (Beta 3) and am using my Boot Camp partition which contains Windows XP SP2. I'm running on a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.33 with 2GB of RAM. When I start Parallels, it goes through the normal sequence of the Windows startup while showing the overlay stating Parallels Tools are being installed and not to do anything until it is done.
When Windows has started up and the Parallels message disappears, I get the Windows Activation dialog box stating that my hardware had changed and I need to reactivate. However when I click in the VM so that I can respond to the dialog box, the mouse and keyboard don't work. I can press Ctrl+Alt to release the mouse and keyboard and I can use the Finder in Mac OS just fine, but for some reason the mouse and keyboard don't work in the VM. As such, I can't get past this dialog and I'm assuming let Parallels Tools do the hardware detects, etc. to complete the Tools install.
I've tried the suggestion to install VNC in the Boot Camp partition of Windows XP and then try to VNC into the VM while it is in this state from my Mac but it doesn't work. Any ideas?
This is really frustrating and I can't seem to find any solution. I've attached a screenshot so you can see the screen I'm stuck on in the VM.
![]()
i think initial activation needs to be don via parallels. i haven't been able to use beta3 yet so i can't confirm.
don