Windows ARM64 - seems to boot up

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Mac Technical Preview' started by DanO3, Dec 17, 2020.

1. kunnado

kunnado Bit Poster

BTW, when I did a disk space reclaim from Parallels, Windows had a fit...it went through several reboots complaining that it had not recovered properly.

2. kunnado

kunnado Bit Poster

And yes I had done a clean shutdown of Windows before doing this reclaim. The image is ok/stable now.

3. AlexeyY1

AlexeyY1 Bit Poster

New windows build just realeased:21286

4. RonaldM7

RonaldM7 Bit Poster

Does anyone know if there is a third party anti-virus application that will work on the new preview Windows 10 Build 21286? I tried loading Webroot but it was incompatible.

5. ChristopherG12

ChristopherG12 Bit Poster

Still have the networking issue with 21286 build, but I suspect the issue occurred with the Christmas eve parallels preview update rather than a particular windows ARM build. That said, working around it by running a bat at startup that just does an ifconfig /renew That's working for now.

6. kunnado

kunnado Bit Poster

I have the same issue. I think this is a parallels issue not windows. I used to have the same issue a few versions ago in VMware Fusion and they fixed it. For now I prefer to keep it as shared networking and type ipconfig /renew each time there is a hiccup.