Need to move license for parallels desktop 10 to new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ppobozy, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Hi, do you need any help with moving your license? Did you try the steps above?

2. OlegS2

OlegS2 Bit poster

Hi! I'm trying to use my PD10 key, but it says I've reached maximum number of activations. I must have been used it on one of my old macs, but could not find which one. Could you reset the key please? Thanks!

3. Hi OlegS2. We have made the necessary changes.
    Please follow the below steps to activate your Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.
    1) Open Terminal (Finder --> Applications --> Utilities --> Terminal.app)
    2) Execute the command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    3) Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.

4. SrulyR

SrulyR Bit poster

i need help with this too, can you reset my key on your end

5. Hi SrulyR. We have made the necessary changes. Please execute the above terminal command and activate the license.

6. RussellW5

RussellW5 Bit poster

And another one! I wish to remove Parallels from my MacBook and transfer it to my desktop iMac. But I an unable to find an option to de-activate on the MacBook. Please reset my key.

7. RussellW5

RussellW5 Bit poster

And another one, please. I want to move Parallels 10 from my MacBook to my desktop iMac, and there doesn't seem to be an option to deactivate the old one. Please reset my key.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

9. RussellW5

RussellW5 Bit poster

Terminal command worked - thanks.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  10. AnaisM

AnaisM Bit poster

Hi, I want to move Parallels 14 to my new Mac, and it doesn't work. Could you please reset my key ?
    Thanks in advance for your help !

11. HansD8

HansD8 Bit poster

Hi, since my old laptop did not start anymore I have to move my Parallels for Mac 11 subscription to the new Macbook.
    Could you please reset my key?
    Thanks for your help!

12. SaravananR@Parallels

SaravananR@Parallels Member

Hi AnaisM, thank you for reaching out! We have made the necessary changes. Please try activating it that will resolve it. Thanks, Saravanan.

13. SaravananR@Parallels

Hi HansD8, thank you for reaching out! We have made the necessary changes. Please try activating it that will resolve it. Thanks, Saravanan.

14. SeanA4

SeanA4 Bit poster

Hello support! I'm having the same problem as others on this thread trying to move my Parallels 10 license to a new MacBook. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

16. IndoorP

IndoorP Bit poster

Hi. My Macbook died recently and had to format. Now I am trying to register license again. It does not let me use the same serial number. Is there a way to reset/remove the old activation of the key? I tried the command listed above and it says: Unknown action: activate-license-online

17. SaravananR@Parallels

Hi IndoorP, thank you for reaching out! We have sent you a private message. Please reply us there to check and help you better. Thanks, Saravanan.

18. SaravananR@Parallels

Hi IndoorP, thank you for your reply. We have made the necessary changes. Please try activating it now that will resolve it!

19. IndoorP

IndoorP Bit poster

It worked. Thank you very much for your help :)

20. SaravananR@Parallels

You are welcome. Please reach us back anytime if you want any help in the future!