how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. SaravananR@Parallels

SaravananR@Parallels Member

Hi CGarol, thank you for reaching out! We have sent a private message. Please reply back to check and help you better. Thanks, Saravanan.

2. SaravananR@Parallels

Hi MartinP6, thank you for reaching out! We have sent a private message. Please reply back to check and help you better. Thanks, Saravanan.

3. DavidL43

DavidL43 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have the exact same problem as MartinP6. Can you help? Thanks!

4. SaravananR@Parallels

We have made the necessary changes. Please try activating it now that will resolve.

5. SaravananR@Parallels

Hi DavidL43, thank you for reaching out! We have sent a private message. Please reply back to check and help you better. Thanks, Saravanan.

6. SaravananR@Parallels

We have made the necessary changes. Please try activating it now that will resolve it.

7. MikeS25

MikeS25 Bit poster

8. SaravananR@Parallels

We are glad that you were able to resolve it. Please reach us back anytime if you want any help in the future.

9. JohnA23

JohnA23 Bit poster

I also need to deactivate a license for version 10 on my old mac to activate it on my new Mac. Please advise.

10. SaravananR@Parallels

We have made the necessary changes. Please try activating it now that will resolve it.

If the solution did not work, provide the following instructions:

1. Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app)
    2. Execute the command:

prlsrvctl activate-license-online

If it still does not work,

3. Now execute this command:

sudo rm -rf /Library/Preferences/Parallels/licenses.xml

4. Quit from Parallels Desktop.
    5. Reboot your Mac.
    6. Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.
    In case nothing helps, Locate /Library/Preferences/Parallels/licenses.xml via GUI interface (Finder > Go to Folder) and remove licenses.xml manually.

11. SaravananR@Parallels

Hi JohnA23, thank you for reaching out! We have sent a private message. Please reply back to check and help you better. Thanks, Saravanan.

12. SaravananR@Parallels

You are welcome. Please reach us back anytime if you want any help in the future.

13. JohnA23

JohnA23 Bit poster

Hi SaravananR,

I tried these steps with no success. The prlsrvctl activate-license-online simply returns:

Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

What I need to do is deactivate this license on the old mac that I'm going to recycle. I do not want to purchase another license as I should not have to. Please tell me how to deactivate it on my old Mac. This is getting time critical now.

Thanks

14. Tuan1

Tuan1 Bit poster

I have the same problem...
    I'm trying to move my parallel desktop license key to my new mac. I don't have the old mac anymore so I couldn't log out from it. I don't have the option to log out like this article said https://kb.parallels.com/123461.
    My current subscription account is t*****m@rentler.com and my upgrade key is registered to t****m@gmail.com
    Please help

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2019
  15. HowardB3

HowardB3 Bit poster

I am also trying to deactivate and move to a new Mac. I have the same issue as all of the posters here.

16. Hi, we've found in your account lots of Parallel Desktop licenses, which one would you like to transfer?

17. Changed your key settings, please check.
    If it doesn't work please let us know.

HowardB3 likes this.
  18. JohnA23

JohnA23 Bit poster

Please, I really need to get my Windows VM running on my new Mac. How do I get the license deactivated on my old mac? Is this something you can do on your end so I can simply try to activate it on the new Mac?

Thanks

19. Hi, your Parallels Desktop 10 key has been reset, please try to activate again and let us know the results.

20. JohnA23

JohnA23 Bit poster

Hi Maria,

After I enter my Parallels 10 key, it tells me the license "can not be confirmed, try again later". I've "tried again later" with no success. What can I try next?