Parallels 11 - unable to confirm the product licence?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ScottC4, Nov 12, 2015.

1. AbraMek

AbraMek Bit poster

That worked just fine :)
    Thank You
    Marcin

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries.

3. usadavidberlin

usadavidberlin Bit poster

Hi @Hemnath@Parallels @Ajith@Parallels,
    My mac had to be exchanged and I was unable to deactivate Parallels 10 before I turned it in. Can you please help me to get the activation back? It's the only Parallels 10 serial on my account. I'll PM you both. Please help :)

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @usadavidberlin , we have made the changes. Please 1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

5. SteveM3

SteveM3 Bit poster

Last night my annual subscription for Parallels Desktop was charged to my credit account, as expected.
    This morning Parallels is requiring me to activate using my existing activation key (which it has stored, by the way). When I tell it to "Activate" it responds that I have entered an "upgrade key" and therefore must enter another key (my previous activation key) in order to complete the activation. Guess it doesn't trust that it's me.

Funny, Cleverbridge didn't have a problem trusting my identity when charging me for my annual subscription.

I have tried all my previous activation keys; Parallels Desktop 5 from 2009; Parallels Desktop 7 from 2011; Parallels Desktop 8 from 2013; Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition Upgrade from 2015. None of these have worked. Here's the message I get:

UNABLE TO ACTIVATE PARALLELS DESKTOP
    The product key of a previous version of Parallels Desktop has been not accepted on the license server.

Bad grammar aside, how can I get you to trust that it's me? Is over 8 years of Parallels use not enough? Shall I send a blood sample? How about I toss a balloon filled with urine so you can check the DNA?

If I sound frustrated it's because I have lost a full god-damned day of work so far AFTER having paid for the pleasure. I am not on a new Mac. This is the same Mac Pro I've been using for 4 years. Parallels trusted my identity yesterday when I was using it (and for over 8 years before that). This problem should not even have happened. I submitted a support ticket and so far only got a robo-reply. I'm not all that impressed with Parallels support today.

Please improve my mood.

6. Danil@Parallels

Danil@Parallels Staff Member

Hi Steve, responded to you in a private message.

7. SteveM3

SteveM3 Bit poster

Thank you, Danil. Your solution worked, and my mood is vastly improved today.

8. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. Keep us posted. Thanks!

9. DavidA15

DavidA15 Bit poster

I am having the same problem setting up a new iMac. "Unable to confirm the product license". I have signed out on the old iMac and it hasn't helped.

10. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @DavidA15 We have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now. Thanks, Shathish

11. DavidA15

DavidA15 Bit poster

Thank you, that did the trick :)

12. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @DavidA15 You're Welcome! We are always here to help you.

13. GuillermoA1

GuillermoA1 Bit poster

I just encountered the same issue with my Parallels 11 when I moved my data to a new macbook pro. My old mac was no longer working so I was unable to deactivate the license on it. I now get the message: "Unable to confirm license.... Please help..Thank you!

14. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello GuillermoA1, we have made few changes in the key settings, please reactivate with the same license key and keep us posted the results. Thanks!

15. GuillermoA1

GuillermoA1 Bit poster

Yes! That worked. Thank you for your fast response.

16. JorgeC8

JorgeC8 Bit poster

Hello.
    I am having the same problem setting up a new iMac. "Unable to confirm the product license". I have signed out on the old iMac and it hasn't helped.

17. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @JorgeC8 , we have made few changes in the key settings, please reactivate with the same license key and keep us posted the results. Thanks!

18. JorgeC8

JorgeC8 Bit poster

It's already working, thanks.

19. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @JorgeC8 , You're welcome. Glad to know it is working.

20. LarryI3

LarryI3 Bit poster

Hi there,

Same here. I've followed all the steps mentioned in the thread (terminal, etc) but still can't deactivate license on my old computer, which I have no access too.

Would appreciate any help :)