you have entered an upgrade key. Please confirm it with a key from the previous version

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by Igor Moreira, Jun 12, 2018.

1. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please let us know your query to assist you further.

2. ClayL

ClayL Bit poster

Had a similar issue.
    1. Was prompted to activate my PD 16 while using it.
    2. Entered the PD 16 key, was prompted for a previous key. Enter PD 15 key, license server rejected it.
    3. Downloaded PD 15, installed it. PD 15 key was remembered when starting PD 15. It works fine.
    4. Reinstall PD 16 again, enter PD 16 key, and PD 15 key, license server rejected again.
    It seems the license server does not work correctly.
    What do you need to fix my PD 16?

3. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Please help us with both of your license keys over there.

4. QIS1

QIS1 Bit poster

I just have bought a update version from parallels desktop 12 to 13 as suggested in my software but when i will put the key i have received the message "you have entered an upgraded key. Please confirm it with the key from the previous version" requeste my previous key that I put and receive always the message "The product key of a previous version of Parallels Desktop has been not accepted on the license server". How can I validate it?

I also have this issue. I was wondering if you can refund this so I can buy the license instead of the upgrading?

5. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Please help us with both of your license keys over there so that we can check this further. Thanks.

6. hintzsche

hintzsche Bit poster

We see that you've purchased an upgrade license, which will work only with a permanent license of any of the previous two Parallels Desktop versions.

Does that mean i only can buy an upgrade version 2 times and then i have to buy a new full licence?

7. hintzsche

hintzsche Bit poster

i mean i buy a full licence of parallels 17. then i buy an upgrade to 18 that works then i buy an upgrade to 19 what will also work but when i buy an upgrade to 20 it will reject my prallesls 17 key? or can i use the 19 upgrade key to activate the 20 upgrade key?

8. BogyeongJ

BogyeongJ Bit poster

I have the same issue. can I get a refund please.

9. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Please help us with both of your license keys over there so that we can check this further. Thanks.

10. maxc9

maxc9 Bit poster

Hello, I am having a issue I can't get pass the activation screen because I don't know my previous key.

11. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello Max, please be informed that in order to activate Parallels Desktop for Mac Upgrade license you must have a Parallels Desktop legacy permanent license to act like the previous version key while activation. If you don't have any Parallels Desktop legacy permanent license, please provide us with the payment reference number or the Parallels Desktop license key, so that we can initiate the refund for your Parallels Desktop for Mac Upgrade license so that you can purchase the Parallels Desktop full license. Thanks.

12. clays1

clays1 Bit poster

I'm having a similar issue. Haven't actually had Parallels installed for a couple of years, but continued to pay the fee every year. Just reinstalled it tonight, entered the key provided in my account and received the "you have entered an upgrade key. please confirm it with a key from the pervious version" message. I don't see any other keys in dashboard. I originally tried installing 18, got the message, tried 17, got the message, finally installed 16 and just using the trial for now. But would like to get the key accepted.

13. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, we have sent you a personal message, please reply back with the email address with which you have activated Parallels Desktop for Mac license so that we can check this further. Thanks.

14. WilliamH24

WilliamH24 Bit poster

Hi I also have the same problem, I had the free version for a trial then I tried upgrading to the pro version but its asking for a key from the previous version? not sure what that is or how to get it

15. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello Max, please be informed that in order to activate Parallels Desktop for Mac Upgrade license you must have a Parallels Desktop legacy permanent license to act like the previous version key while activation. If you don't have any Parallels Desktop legacy permanent license, please provide us with the payment reference number or the Parallels Desktop license key, so that we can initiate the refund for your Parallels Desktop for Mac Upgrade license so that you can purchase the Parallels Desktop full license. Thanks.

16. mani3

mani3 Bit poster

hello i was wondering if i could get a refund as well i bought the upgrade without knowing you couldnt go from trial to the upgrade standard version

17. AxelB4

AxelB4 Bit poster

Hi I also have the same problem, I was on the two week free trial and upgraded to another package and now its asking for a previous activation code. Is it possible to get a refund since im not able to use this product?

18. hhhds

hhhds Bit poster

can you please refund my upgrade to because I wasn't intending to buy a upgrade

19. IanC23

IanC23 Bit poster

Hello, I was trying to renew my account for Parallel desktop standard version, using a link from my previous version that had expired. However, I do not see an access key from my previous version. Is it possible to grant me access to the version? I need to use it for school. Thank you!

20. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Please provide us with the payment reference number of the Parallels Desktop for Mac license key so that we can initiate the refund for your Parallels Desktop for Mac. Thanks.